iPad mini

Default Zombie Bowl-O-Rama [by MumboJumbo]

iPhone version:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/zombie-bowl-o-rama/id563924518?mt=8

Universal HD version:

Last edited by Royce; 10-09-2012 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Added HD
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

FIVE bucks for this?! Gimme a break! Looks like it'll be awhile before someone gives some impressions on this one! Not gonna be ME! That's fo SHO!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
FIVE bucks for this?! Gimme a break! Looks like it'll be awhile before someone gives some impressions on this one! Not gonna be ME! That's fo SHO!
iPhone version is free (for a limited time). Unfortunately trying to post multiple appinfos has been broken for several months and even though I reported it, no one seems to care So I just posted the link for that one.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This company's last release dropped from $6 to $1 within the space of around 3 days. Incrementally.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This company's last release dropped from $6 to $1 within the space of around 3 days. Incrementally.
INSTABUY!...

...when it becomes $0.99 in the next 24 hours.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
INSTABUY!...

...when it becomes $0.99 in the next 24 hours.
Isn't the iPhone only version still free? Don't believe the "limited time" blurb either; it's full of ads.

Whoever's responsible for Mumbo Jumbo's marketing/pricing strategy of late, really needs to look at alternative career opportunities.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Isn't the iPhone only version still free? Don't believe the "limited time" blurb either; it's full of ads.

Whoever's responsible for Mumbo Jumbo's marketing/pricing strategy of late, really needs to look at alternative career opportunities.
It's like you don't even know me. Haha, I tend to stray away from things that launch for free. There's always a catch.

How's the actual game though?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 AM

I've played two matches and it's surprisingly good, considering it's free (and there aren't any IAP as far as I saw). The ability to use tricks before your opponents turn adds a nice little twist. I can see the game getting a bit repetitive after a while, though.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's like you don't even know me. Haha, I tend to stray away from things that launch for free. There's always a catch.

How's the actual game though?
It's passable so long as you don't expect bowling.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
iPhone version is free (for a limited time).
The iPhone version also has a giagantic full page ad at the start, so far for some variation of BigFish freemuim gambling game. I wonder if this happens in the $5 universal version too?

I played the free one for a bit, and while it's fun, there's way to much time taken up by zombie hordes shambling in a very blocky, ugly textured way. I'm using the skip option A LOT! Also, it's way too easy to start the ball rolling before you've had a chance to properly aim. You really need to do your aiming with your finger far, far away from the ball! I really don't see anything special to recommend this for $5, that's for sure.

What it reminds me of, is a less polished Polar Bowler, if anyone remembers that game from early PC days by WildTangent Games. I like Polar Bowler a lot more than this, though as mentioned above by someone else, the ability to use special attacks along with your bowl is cute and works well.

Edit: Just found this on WildTangent's website: "The first mobile game—an update from the popular Polar Bowler PC game will be available this fall."

Can't wait! I'd definitely purchase Polar Bowler for iOS! Hope they keep the main premise and don't "update it" out of oblivion.

Edit: Turns out this ad stuff is a change across the board on all Mumbo Jumbo paid apps. It's definitely the wrong way to go, imho. I get them playing my paid copies of Luxor HD, Luxor 2, LuxorAR HD, Glowfish HD, etc. Absolutely ridiculous that I should have to put up with this crap shoved onto me after paying full price for these apps! I'm definitely staying away from anything made by Mumbo Jumbo if that's how they're treating their paying customers.

Last edited by dclose; 10-10-2012 at 11:37 AM..