Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Best Major Game Developer To Work With IOS?

Whats the best major game developer/publisher to work with IOS? I would say Square enix, which has been making great games available, awesome quality and even many original games.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Orangepixel, Radian Games, Ravenous and Pikpok are among the best right now. Of course Square Enix has a special place in my heart... They have really good releases on the iOS, but being a huge company, they havent been the most interactive devs.

So far, Mighty Rabbit(SMRpg), White Whale(God of Blades), PindiLab (Invader Hunter), Empty Flask Games (Infinite Warrior) and Gamesmold (Blood Roofs) are among my favorite devs too, but they each have 1 game released for us so far. Looking forward to what adventures these devs can take us into next!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yup. I did say Ravenous, but i did miss CMG which is also pretty good.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Crescent moon games
Crescent Moon has a bit rockier record as a publisher (obviously not always their fault, but they did choose to publish the game) but the games they develop themselves, I would put them in the top tier as well.

I'd also put Cave in there. That, of course, depends on how much you like shmups.

Last edited by awp69; 10-10-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Well I hate Gameloft, but at the same time I just love them. They're really innovative with their multiplayer FPS games.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Well I hate Gameloft, but at the same time I just love them. They're really innovative with their multiplayer FPS games.
They get a bum rap and, in some cases, deservedly so. But they do put out some good stuff. Asphalt 7 is fantastic.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM

easily EA...say what you will about them as a company, but they've put out some real quality games on iOS.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Dont forget about fifa 12 , fifa 13 they are awesome !!! . ( And by ea).... and what about rovio for bad piggies ( best game for me )
Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
My view of Gameloft has changed a lot lately. I actually like them a lot now because they have absolutely great games, and they often go on sale for 99 cents. So I am happy they are making games for ios.

EA, their ports are kind of clunky, but they too have a lot of 99 cents, so their ports are still worth it.

Asphalt 7 is one of the best values for the buck, and I think will be for the near term, until Asphalt 8 comes out, but FPSs they make some great ones like modern combat and nova series.

I know they have a lot of iaps and all and hackers, but usually the iaps are optional, and the hacker problem really isn't all their fault, it's just the game attracts a lot of tech savy hardcore gamers who are good hackers too.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
My view of Gameloft has changed a lot lately. I actually like them a lot now because they have absolutely great games, and they often go on sale for 99 cents. So I am happy they are making games for ios.

EA, their ports are kind of clunky, but they too have a lot of 99 cents, so their ports are still worth it.

Asphalt 7 is one of the best values for the buck, and I think will be for the near term, until Asphalt 8 comes out, but FPSs they make some great ones like modern combat and nova series.

I know they have a lot of iaps and all and hackers, but usually the iaps are optional, and the hacker problem really isn't all their fault, it's just the game attracts a lot of tech savy hardcore gamers who are good hackers too.
I know man! I started to hate them with their 2011 freemium phase, but man they've put out some quality stuff in 2012!