Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Reversion - The Escape - (by Bulkypix) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 10-11-2012 at 01:31 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

While a new point-n-click adventure nearly always catches my interest (and I'm glad the genre has seen some kind of minor revival on iOS), one with questionable grammar and even some rare spelling mistakes in the App Store description doesn't advertise itself well. With the amount of textual storytelling and narrative often integral to the adventure game experience, I hope another writer handled the actual game.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
While a new point-n-click adventure nearly always catches my interest (and I'm glad the genre has seen some kind of minor revival on iOS), one with questionable grammar and even some rare spelling mistakes in the App Store description doesn't advertise itself well. With the amount of textual storytelling and narrative often integral to the adventure game experience, I hope another writer handled the actual game.
Pretty dumb for them to not even run a spell checker at least if it was written by a non-proficient English user.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Also somewhat surprising is the official trailer (uploaded by Bulkypix, no less) not being in English at all.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I love a good point & click game, but have to admit I'm quite put off by the bad English in the description for this one
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

While the game part itself seems pretty solid, I've only played a few minutes before being discouraged.

For one, the voiceovers are in what I think is Spanish, and the game commits my cardinal sin of iOS: not muting when the mute switch is toggled. That would normally be grounds for an instant deletion, but I would still like to give it a further try.

The translation of text has so far been pretty good, easy to read. The speaker's voice I can't really judge with it not being in English, but as it is he is the reason I tried the mute switch in the first place.

Last edited by Echoseven; 10-10-2012 at 05:52 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hello everyone!

I'm Francisco, one of the developers of the game. I want to apologize for the grammar and spelling mistakes in the Apple store description. Somehow, an unfinished version of the text reach the the store, we are working with Bulkypix to submit the real description corrected by a professional translator.
The actual game don't have this mistakes, all the game captions were translated by professionals on every supported language.

Echoseven, the game voices are indeed Spanish. The game takes place in Argentina (a Latin American country).
I'm taking into account your suggestions about the mute switch for a future update of the game!
I would like to know what do you think about other aspects of the game.

We are a small studio and we are learning a lot from this experience!
Thanks a lot for your comments!
Cheers,
Francisco.-
Old 10-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

I honestly miss some Comfort Features that Games from Daedalic Entertainment & Telltale Games are using since Ages and I sadly got used to those. I also don`t understand why all the Menues are in Spanish. (Played on an iPad 3 with iOS 6.0)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16 AM

So - the game itself seems to be interesting - actually a pretty interesting point-and-click adventure so far, but I've gotten to a point where I can't continue.

Like others said, the menu and dialogue is in Spanish, and when you dialogue with someone, the controls are hidden. By trial and error, the way to get out is touching toward the lower right corner. Also occasionally get a black screen pop up with tiny text saying there is a runtime error, then the game continues.

Now I'm at a stage where the entire set of controls has disappeared... but this time tapping around doesn't trigger them - so I can go from one scene to another, but can't pick anything up, dialogue or anything else. I may try deleting and reinstalling, but with the other issues, I will likely just wait and hope for a solid update.

I really hope they fix some of the bugs that still seem to remain as I think the game (story and puzzles) seems to have some promise.

---
Update - the dev contacted me and mentioned there are some bugs playing with the new iPad that should be fixed soon. I also provided some info on the lost-menu issue. Good comm with the dev!

Last edited by secondtime; 10-12-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: dev contacted me
Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 PM

Hmmm....

"The actual game don't have this mistakes"

Wow, well isn't that ironic, your English is perfect.