★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Torch Runner 1.0 [FREE] [universal app]

10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Torch Runner 1.0 [FREE] [universal app]

This gem has just been released! Igor is a bit late so help him rush through London carrying the Olympic torch and avoiding obstacles on his way.

It's a temple-run clone but with a twist. You not just race against friends and people on game center but you collect olympic medals on your way which adds to your country. There is a live medal board which shows how many medals each country collected (every single one counts!) so you race for your nation also! Yay!

Check the video and download! Share with friends, collegues, mistresses, family, etc.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rJpQERmYI
10-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Looks good, downloading now

Game Center: sink_or_swim

10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
So I gave it a try and.. wow, this is an absolutely great game! The description says it is a temple run clone, I would say it's more of a subway surfers clone with the same swipe controls and menu structure. The controls work great. Graphics are also decent. You can choose your country at the beginning and then you can earn medals. There is a leaderboard for all countries where you can see which country has earned the most medals, that's a cool thing. There are also a lot of power-ups to upgrade and it seems like you get enough coins per run, I think it's not a big grind. I've played dozens of TR clones but this is definitely a better one. Give it a try, it's a great game if you're into endless runners. Highly recommended!!

10-11-2012, 01:47 PM
^That post made my decision easy. Downloading.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^That post made my decision easy. Downloading.
You will definitely like this one

10-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Last edited by Sanuku; 10-11-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Launch Trailer + HD Gameplay Trailer added.
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
A complete Subway Surfers clone, even the menus are an exact copy.
It's a decent game, but it really needs an update for the controls: the swipes are definetely not responsive and very often you swipe but the character doesn't respond.
I'll be waiting for an update, but for now i deleted it.
10-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalDex View Post
It's a decent game, but it really needs an update for the controls: the swipes are definetely not responsive and very often you swipe but the character doesn't respond.
I'll be waiting for an update, but for now i deleted it.
Controls work absolutely fine for me.

10-11-2012, 05:48 PM
I find it unresponsive if you try to swipe two movements right after each other, the runner doesn't keep up with your commands.

The game is okay, though Subway Surfer is definitely a lot smoother.
10-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Yes you're right! It's much more like Subway Surfers. Having said that I think it's a bit more hardcore than SS and the crossing traffic is a good idea.

Promised features for 1.1 are:

- 2 new characters
- gazillion of bugfixes (hopefully the control you mentioned, too)
- memory optimization

and some surprises (wonder what they might be).

Did you guys noticed that they have a live medal board on their facebook page ? You can check the medals on pc/mac while at work

http://www.facebook.com/TorchRunnerGame

Come on let's beat China