Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Default 2D Platformer: Mega Bomb Boy-scheduled for release in Early November

Mega Bomb Boy is a hardcore micro-level based platform game for iOS. The overall gameplay and feel is similar to that of Super Mario World, Megaman and Super Meat Boy. The gameplay is twitch based and the controls are suited perfectly for a touch device! Scheduled for a Late October/ Early November launch and expected to be released on other platforms soon after.

Youtube link | Pop Up

I am incredibly excited for this release and expect that around launch time there will be at least 100 levels with at least 60 more in subsequent updates!

Keep a look out!

Last edited by TrueMediaGames; 10-15-2012 at 12:40 AM..
Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM

Also if you'd like to be a part of the test group shoot me an email At: jayleedesigns@gmail.com
Old 10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

That looks great!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looking pretty slicK!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Default Thanks!

The footage is still in beta i'd say, but a very soft beta. Only bits of polishing will be added.

There are currently 5 worlds, 2 of which you get a preview of in the video.

1. The Outskirts of Blocktropolis
2. League of Weeble

And the other 3 will be a surprise! I hope everyone loves this game as a much as I do, and I hope it helps me to purchase my home for my son and wife. But more importantly I hope people enjoy it.

It's been fun!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 AM

Default Here's a little background for anyone interested!

Click the image below to check out a background for your computers! Enjoy!

Last edited by TrueMediaGames; 10-12-2012 at 12:09 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Looking pretty slicK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
That looks great!

Thanks guys!
I am pretty excited!

Jason
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM

This is just a copy of CheeseMan with different graphics. Those games are EXACTLY the same.

Seriously.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 AM

Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablermo View Post
This is just a copy of CheeseMan with different graphics. Those games are EXACTLY the same.

Seriously.
I will admit that 3 of the games initial levels are heavily inspired by cheeseman I loved that game, but there are also levels inspired by meatboy, and there are also levels inspired by league of evil, and there are also levels inspired by megaman. But none of the levels are the exact same as any of the games I have just mentioned, there are over 100 levels in the works as I have stated before, and although the style and certain elements are inspired by different games...

None of them are the same. I did love cheeseman, but the controls of the character are actually much closer to that of league of evil as you can slide and do different maneuvers that are not available in cheeseman, and there are actually other abilities that can be unlocked later within the game that mix things up even further.

As a little spoiler of sorts I will tell you that in each world you gat a new ability or special move of sorts that will help you progress in the game as well as unlock different secret areas in levels you have already completed.

Thank you for your feedback and as I said I do admit the first couple levels were in fact inspired by cheeseman. They are not the same though I can assure you, I liked cheeseman's early difficulty level and felt it was an appropriate place to start off in terms of the games difficulty. There are actually a few levels that are lifted directly from battletoads, a stage similar to double dragon, and a few of the hardest stages from various mario games. Also a couple from meatboy and just a slew of original ones as well.

Admittedly the game is a mix and match of my favorite games of all time, and cheeseman is in the top 3 of my favorite mobile games of all time. Credit is given in the game for all of the games I was inspired by and nothing is a direct rip as I have said before. I truly think this a game that everyone will have a blast with.

I will have updated footage hopefully in the next few days to give a clearer image of the game as a whole.

Jason

Last edited by TrueMediaGames; 10-15-2012 at 12:22 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Think the game looks great, cant wait to play it. Lots of platform games are 'inspired' by others i wouldnt worry. Everyone goes on about games copying Super Mario Land, hello ! Super Mario Land you could say was a copy of some early 80's games (Manic Miner) which in turn was an homage to Miner 2049er

What do you think Cheeseman was inspired by ? People are talking like that was an original !