★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mac App Store reviews closing in on 30 days now!

10-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Mac App Store reviews closing in on 30 days now!

Not sure why but it looks like Apple isn't too interested in the Mac App Store anymore? When anything you submit from new apps to updates takes close 30 days to get reviewed developers are hooped.

http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment....end-graph.html

We are actually baffled that Apple would allow this to happen. It makes the store and controlling our apps unmanageable especially when the apps use live feeds that change occasionally.

Pretty much a disaster.

STR8TS , STR8TS 6X6 , DOMINO DICE , PUZZLE DICE,
CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,
10-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Maybe the Mac AppStore just isn't doing as well so they shifted their focus?

The McBunBuns have stolen Granny Lala's Coins!!! Can Lucky, her faithful puppy, bring them all back?Balloon Loons

Online: http://balloon-loons.com

10-14-2012, 04:23 AM
That's very long indeed. I was planning on porting to MAS but it won't be priority at all if that's the case... I don't expect the organisers of MAS to feel the same, how strange.

Web: www.zenout.co.uk
Follow: @zenoutJez
Developer: BubbleSand Tetroms (Attic Eyes...Soon!)
AppStore search string: "Jez Hammond"
10-14-2012, 05:55 AM
This could be due to Mountain Lyon and Apple's improved security. Apple claims signed apps are free of malware and apparantly they want to back up that claim.
10-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Sandboxing and getting apps to work smoothly on Mountain Lion have definetly added to the complexity of the Mac App Store.

At this rate we have 2 weeks left to submit apps for them to make it for the x mas deadline. Pretty scary!

CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,
10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Well I could port that soon but I'm not done still lol...

10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
just compare mac to ios data here

http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/

probably mac people were moved to ios for new iphone release and it will back to normal soon
10-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Update

We had two apps with small issues resubmitted and approved the next day. Things might be improving.

10-17-2012, 12:46 AM
This stops me from thinking of a business on Mac App Store, 30 days sounds really scary to me.

Antony
10-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
This stops me from thinking of a business on Mac App Store, 30 days sounds really scary to me.
You shouldn't be put off, just move your MAS plans to next year!