Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM

Default psi.kart - techie styled weapons-based racer

Last edited by techmage; 10-14-2012 at 04:55 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 05:19 PM
iPad mini

This looks pretty good. The one thing that worries me is the "unique touch based control scheme". I see so many games come out saying that, and usually they should have just stuck with the established control conventions. Could you describe it in more detail?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Wow, this looks pretty interesting! More info please?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Wow, this looks pretty interesting! More info please?
What kind of info are you seeking? Would love to rewrite my description with more info, just couldn't think of what else to write. The game is pretty simple.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
This looks pretty good. The one thing that worries me is the "unique touch based control scheme". I see so many games come out saying that, and usually they should have just stuck with the established control conventions. Could you describe it in more detail?
Basically the car turns to aim at where you touch the track. It's intended that you put your finger behind the car and then move your finger right or left across the whole bottom of the screen to turn. It gives you a lot of really precise control, once you get the hang of it you can whip the kart around much tighter turns and corners than you could with gyro control.

Also done this way because some weapons require you to aim by touching the screen, which wouldn't work if your having to rotate the iPad left and right at the same time.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmage View Post
What kind of info are you seeking? Would love to rewrite my description with more info, just couldn't think of what else to write. The game is pretty simple.
- Does it include GameCenter?
- Will it come to iPhone?
- What modes are there? Career, time trial, single race, etc...
- What are your plans as far as updates go?

The art style reminds me of the Zone tracks in the WipEout series... a very good thing indeed!

Last edited by sweetdiss; 10-16-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:

and finally
- Can you PM me a code so I can leave some impressions here? : ) (Worth a shot!)

The art style reminds me of the Zone tracks in the WipEout series... a very good thing indeed!
What happened to not asking/begging for promo codes? Isn't that against TA guidelines?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
What happened to not asking/begging for promo codes? Isn't that against TA guidelines?
Was kinda joking! Kinda. But removed anyway!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:

No GameCenter, no iPhone, Only one mode - race against two AI components to unlock faster speeds and the two other tracks. Three tracks in total, and three weapons in total.

This is not a feature filled racer by any means. It's very arcade, simple, quick and basic fun. It's a one man project, done on the side of a dayjob, primarily as a proof of concept for a gameplay mechanic and also as a portfolio piece.

Future plans, completely depend on the reception of the game. If the gameplay mechanics turn out to have good reception from the public, I'll update it, or maybe take all I've learned and move onto making a better future weapons racer from the ground up. Otherwise I may be moving onto a completely different style of game, with a widely different gameplay mechanic.

Playing around with weird / expirimental gameplay mechanics and controls schemes in short, small, games is really my only focus.

But here are three promo codes:
ALL3NKN3P3E9
HFE3KFW6L6WN
3H9RLRK4KYAX

Would appreciate any feedback or reviews.

Last edited by techmage; 10-26-2012 at 02:35 AM..
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 AM

I grabbed the second code thanks.

The maps look really nice with a minimalist future style, very clean and fresh. I wasn't quite so crazy about the car design I think largely due to the wheel types but that is just personal stylistic preference. Steering mechanism I thought was pretty cool, I did find sometimes I'd put my finger off center and the car would turn and couldn't help but think it'd be nice if it calibrated the touch as being the center rather than directly behind the car, but I can see why you haven't done this. The firing method I disliked though and found myself not using it due to covering my view, the weapon aspect interested me but would rather it an auto targeting (or even just straight fire) tap to shoot.

I like the concept, the direction and much of the look. A car redesign, a bit more sense of speed and a different shooting mechanism would be cool. It's not quite my type of racer, but you've headed in the right direction.