Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM

Default Myst for iPhone announced

Check it out:

Quote:
iMyst:
This is a small project that probably a very few of you know about. We are porting Myst to the iPhone. Ok, before some of you start groaning, this is an outside funded project that is keeping a few developers employed... but it is really more than that. It is an interesting and fun project. This is also a very small team with three of us (which includes Derek, Rand (not Randy) and myself).
While Riven would be heaven, this is still pretty cool. Even cooler if they manage to use the RealMyst 3D engine--the iPhone could probably handle it.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Nice. I assume we're talking the original Myst? I haven't kept up with the series recently.

arn
Old 08-21-2008, 12:27 AM

I'd imagine Realmyst is a bit out of the iPhones reach, but yes, I'd love to see Riven and Exile on the iPhone.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 AM

Hmmm.

I added my comment on the comments area where I mentioned about having a half asleep dream about plying Myst on my iPhone last night. That really was weird....

I'll bet Riven would be possible. Maybe they'll eventually have Exile as well. Maybe use the accellerometer to look around like in the game itself!

Never did finish much of Exile, would be nice to play that on an iPhone. If Myst is cheap, I'll totally buy it for nostalgia's sake.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickeroar View Post
I'd imagine Realmyst is a bit out of the iPhones reach, but yes, I'd love to see Riven and Exile on the iPhone.
I don't think it is. RealMyst required a 300 mhz G3 processor, and Enigmo for the mac requires a 400 mhz processor (although Myst does require 16 MB of VRAM versus Enigmo's 8.) That said, I'd be very surprised if we'll get the 3D version, given what came out on the DS.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:36 AM

hmmm maybe so. i guess it could be possible, but it's probably unlikely since "Myst" was announced, and not "realmyst."

For some reason I remember realmyst as being a lot more demanding than that.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickeroar View Post

For some reason I remember realmyst as being a lot more demanding than that.
Nope. You can find the system specs here.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:41 AM

Default More Possible Then You Know

RealMyst would totally be possible on the iPhone, given the raw specs for each respective, the iPhone with it's very capable PowerVR 16MB Graphics processor, ( the 3rd itteration of the graphics card powering the Sega Dreamcast ) and it's processor at 633 MHZ but underclocked to 400 and given it's onboard 128 MB ram, and it usually use's the solidstate drive for more then just storing the data it is really quite possible to have realmyst on the iPhone. I would opt for either a point and hold in the direction you wish to move or a acceloromiter based controls

Forgive the spelling errors, I'm usually very proficent in that regard it's just 4:40 Am and I just got back from seeing two consecutive movies with my friends so if any of the info is in accurate don't pin me to the wall.
TT