★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 93.6 MB
  • Version: 2.0.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (3)
App description: ***** Brand new Mechanical Zone update featuring 12 new stages and 2 Eggman boss battles *****

Whether you grew up with Sonic or not, Sonic Jump is a total blast. 4/4, Slide to Play

The story mode and missions are the real draw giving you a never-ending supply of reasons to keep jumping for the top. 4/5, Digital Spy

Sonic Jump is an enjoyable little gem that took me by surprise. 8/10, App Gamer

Sega has made Sonic Jump a proper standalone game well worth it for both fans, and non-fans of Sonic the Hedgehog. 4/5, TouchGen

The original platform jumper is back as Sonic leaps up an all new vertically challenging adventure in stunning HD graphics!

Play as Sonic or his friends leaping through familiar and new Sonic worlds to battle Dr. Eggman, as you tilt and tap your way through fixed Story levels and Arcade infinite modes. Available for iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad® and iPad® mini take to the sky!

MULTIPLE CHARACTERS
Play as your favorite characters including Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Silver & Blaze each with their own unique abilities.

AMAZING WORLDS
Jump across the legendary Green Hill Zone or take to new worlds including Mountain, Jungle, Blue Sky & Mechanical Zones.

STORY MODE
Leap through 48 different levels on a quest to stop the evil Dr. Eggman.

ARCADE MODE
Jump until you drop in the infinite Arcade Mode, where it ends depends on how long you can jump for.

BOSS BATTLES
Fight in epic boss battles between Sonic and his arch-rival Dr. Eggman!

CHALLENGE FRIENDS
Compete against friends to see who can jump highest in Arcade Mode or set epic scores in leaderboards.

UNLOCK MORE
Collect rings as you play the game, or purchase them in store, to unlock characters, power ups and more.

COMING SOON
We are working hard to bring you more characters and new worlds in future free updates.

Hen14's comments:

10-17-2012, 05:04 AM
So it's out?

Im getting it, but im not really too happy about a doodle jump game starring Sonic. I'd prefer a runner game for Sonic anytime of day.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

10-17-2012, 05:05 AM
10-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Please tell me that it has a game center connection..

Game Center: sink_or_swim
10-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Well i'm a big Sonic fan, granted i would prefer a traditional Sonic game but this one could be good fun. I know it sounds odd but i hope i can buy this one and its not free with tons of crazy IAP's.

Not a huge Doodle Jump fan but i'll give this a go. At least its not a Temple Run clone ! We're back to Doodle jump clones instead
10-17-2012, 05:32 AM
"JUMPING IS BIGGER AND BETTER WITH SONIC" -> WTF!?
Sega, if you're reading this, give us Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations or Sonic Heroes, but not this!!!!!!!
10-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well i'm a big Sonic fan, granted i would prefer a traditional Sonic game but this one could be good fun. I know it sounds odd but i hope i can buy this one and its not free with tons of crazy IAP's.
From one of the screenshots: Get Rings.
10-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
"JUMPING IS BIGGER AND BETTER WITH SONIC" -> WTF!?
Sega, if you're reading this, give us Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations or Sonic Heroes, but not this!!!!!!!
I agree but if something like this is a big success and they realise theres money to be had with more and more Sonic games then we 'might' get them in the future.
10-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Sega should of done a Sonic Temple Run style game. That would sell much better than this doodle jump style
10-17-2012, 06:05 AM
I might actually get this... Looks kinda bad though

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3