★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fingers feeling nimble? Fingers feeling flexible? Twist, stretch, turn, and tie your fingers in knots to solve these fun puzzles! Are your fingers up for it?

Watch a video of Finger Tied in action at: www.FingerTied.com

--- Reviews for Finger Tied ---

"App Store Best of 2012: New Ways to Play" - Apple

"A must-buy for anyone with ten fingers and an iPad." - Mike Schramm, tuaw.com

"The entire package is virtually flawless making Finger Tied a must buy that should really be on every iPad." - Trevor Sheridan, applenapps.com

"Whether played singly or in groups, Finger Tied is a sparkling way to spend some quality gaming time on the iPad." - Rob LeFebvre, 148apps.com

--- About Finger Tied ---

Finger Tied is a multi-touch puzzle game, only for the iPad. In each Finger Tied puzzle, fill in a shape by moving up to four fingers around on your iPad at the same time. But be careful, lift a finger, or go out of bounds, and it's game over. Finger Tied will test your mental, as well as your finger abilities!

Finger Tied can be played entirely by yourself, but for even more fun, invite some friends over and Finger Tied makes a great party game!

Finger Tied has 100+ puzzles to test even the most flexible of fingers.

Fly solo, or ask a friend (or three!) to lend you a hand with the more tricky puzzles.

Create your own puzzles with a built-in puzzle editor. Share your levels online. Download levels created and shared by other players.

Keep your wits about you. You'll need to turn and twist your fingers, your body, and maybe even your iPad to solve some of these puzzles.

Game Center leaderboards let you compare your best scores with your friends'.


Please Note: if you have Multitasking Gestures turned on, it can prevent 4 Finger puzzles from working. To disable the Gestures on your iPad, turn off: Settings > General > Multitasking Gestures


Like Finger Tied on Facebook:
http://bit.ly/FingerTiedFB

Follow Finger Tied's creator on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/OwenGoss

Boardumb's comments:


10-18-2012, 08:36 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: CANADA
Posts: 259
Hi guys, this is Owen. I am the one-man shop Streaming Colour and the game designer/developer of Finger Tied. If you have any questions about the game, feedback, suggestions, or criticism, let me know!

10-18-2012, 11:30 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12
Hi Owen. Loving the look and feel of Finger Tied. Screencaps don't do it any justice.
Btw, I forgot to disable multi-touch gestures, and was wondering why I couldn't drag four lines :-/
Loving the game already!
10-18-2012, 01:13 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
Hello! I've been playing alone and I'm really enjoying the game. Reminds me of Fingle with a different twist. The interface is really well done. However, just like the hints in-game suggest, after a while you really should get some help. I've been struggling to get gold stars on the second group ("Easy") and still missing one level. I haven't tried the next groups yet, but I reckon the rest should be done with someone else =) Which is kind of the whole point of why I bought this game! The fact that all levels I tried so far could be done single player is a bonus ^^.

Minor suggestion:
The game could have two modes: single player and multiplayer. Even if the levels were the same, the star times would be different in both. Unfortunately the Leaderboards would have to be common to both modes because there's no way of making sure people wouldn't cheat on the single player.

Congratz Owen!
10-18-2012, 02:16 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
This game is driving me slightly crazy, but I also can't stop playing it, so I guess that's a good thing! I'm determined to get as many golds as possible without recruiting outside help.
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
This game is driving me slightly crazy, but I also can't stop playing it, so I guess that's a good thing! I'm determined to get as many golds as possible without recruiting outside help.
Good luck

Play DotA?
10-18-2012, 03:24 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostENT View Post
Good luck

Instead of the smile I'd rather see an evil laughter
10-18-2012, 04:07 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: CANADA
Posts: 259
Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Apple has just featured Finger Tied in New & Noteworthy for the week, so I'm excited to see what's in store for the next few days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by choocs View Post
Hi Owen. Loving the look and feel of Finger Tied. Screencaps don't do it any justice.
Btw, I forgot to disable multi-touch gestures, and was wondering why I couldn't drag four lines :-/
Loving the game already!
Thanks! And yes, multitasking gestures interfere with the 4 finger puzzles. I do my best to try to detect when that's happened and display a message to the player, but I'm hearing there are some cases I don't catch. I'm going to see what I can do to improve things in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroagria View Post
Hello! I've been playing alone and I'm really enjoying the game. Reminds me of Fingle with a different twist. The interface is really well done. However, just like the hints in-game suggest, after a while you really should get some help. I've been struggling to get gold stars on the second group ("Easy") and still missing one level. I haven't tried the next groups yet, but I reckon the rest should be done with someone else =) Which is kind of the whole point of why I bought this game! The fact that all levels I tried so far could be done single player is a bonus ^^.

Minor suggestion:
The game could have two modes: single player and multiplayer. Even if the levels were the same, the star times would be different in both. Unfortunately the Leaderboards would have to be common to both modes because there's no way of making sure people wouldn't cheat on the single player.

Congratz Owen!
Thanks for the suggestions! The whole game was designed to be completable by one player, but also be fun with multiple players. All of the gold star times were achievable by a single player...with practice.

But yes, I encourage you to find a friend (or two or three) and play together. The game's a lot of fun with other people...but beating those gold star times is still going to be challenging on the later levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
This game is driving me slightly crazy, but I also can't stop playing it, so I guess that's a good thing! I'm determined to get as many golds as possible without recruiting outside help.
A bold goal! Good luck!

Owen
10-19-2012, 09:11 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: CANADA
Posts: 259
So has anyone managed to beat every level in the game yet? That last level is a doozie...

Owen
10-19-2012, 12:39 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,560
Just started playing this with my wife & daughter, it's great!

Any chance we'll be able to share user-made puzzles in the future? That would really extend the life of this game!

Also: the possibility of "multiplayer" puzzles using more than 4 fingers would be fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 10-19-2012 at 12:43 PM.