Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Apple security questions

Hi, there. When I try to update apps directly to my iPod touch, a message pop up which prompt me to answer some security questions. Unfortunately, I have forgotten them and these prevent me from downloading or updating apps directly to my device. Anyone experienced similar problems?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossepy View Post
Hi, there. When I try to update apps directly to my iPod touch, a message pop up which prompt me to answer some security questions. Unfortunately, I have forgotten them and these prevent me from downloading or updating apps directly to my device. Anyone experienced similar problems?
have you tried resetting your password?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Why should I reset my password? I remember my password but the message still asked me to answer those dumb security questions like 'who was my best childhood friend' and 'what is your least favourite among your previously owned car'. Anyway, thanks for your response.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossepy View Post
Why should I reset my password? I remember my password but the message still asked me to answer those dumb security questions like 'who was my best childhood friend' and 'what is your least favourite among your previously owned car'. Anyway, thanks for your response.
perhaps this will help you.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 PM
iPad Air

I just recently got asked to update my account with 3 answers (didn't have any before). And I've already forgotten what the questions were and the answers for that matter.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Yeah, this happened to me too.. a while ago..
When I filled out the questions, I didn't think I'd ever need them.. I thought it was just some security precaution in case someone hacked my account.
I had to msg apple ..they got back to me days later and had to confirm it was really me.
I had to provide my date of birth, last 3 purchases, how much money I had in my account, etc.. I still couldn't pass it because I had made up a fake birthdate and address because it was a gift card foreign to my real country and I didn't know real street names or whatever so I made it up and because of that they refused to help me, unless I provided my license confirming my name, ehich again, I used a fake one...i thought i was doomed..i think they gave me a number to call to try to sort things out, but instead I ended up just racking my brains to trying to remember my answers.. I was pretty sure I knew what answers I had, but I forgot how I had spelt them. Ie favorite bad could be REM or R.e.m or system of a down could be SOAD or s.o.a.d etc many things can be spelt many ways..and the problem is, they ask 2 questions and if you have 1 question right and one wrong, it doesn't tell you which is which..so I tried all combinations of spelling and shortcode and finally got through, though I only knew 2 answers out of the 3 no idea what I put as the 3rd answer. I had actually spelt the name of my first workplace wrong when I filled out the form.. Luckily I caught on.. And luckily it was such a direct answer like "first job" so I knew exactly what to write.. It'd be hard with a question like 'favor color' cause that could be any color.. Especially if I put "eggshell white" or something stupid like that..but anyway, if you exit and re enter it asks you a diffferent question so try that to see of the other question is easier, if not contact apple but it'll take a few days for them to respond, especially being the weekend,hopefully you used proper information so you don't have my problems.. But if you didnt and they can't reset it like me, just brainstorm and try to think of what you could have written (ie the real answers that you have to those questions) ..likw what did annoy you about your car? etc.
by the way from now on you really should only choose 1 word answers.. It's going to be a bitch to work out if they answer is something like "the radio is a bit crackly sometimes because of bad reception and it's hard to have sex in the backseat because the belt buckle digs into my anus". But good luck anyhow.. Hopefully apple will be ale to help you out if you really can't remember after trying various spelling.

Last edited by Snozberry; 10-21-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
iPad Air

Yea same, fake address and probably birthdate too, cant remember. It's my US account with all the gift cards. I chatted with apple about a refund a little while ago because I got double charged on a fairly large IAP purchase. And at the end dude asked me to give him my birthdate, address and a phone number. I sorta winged and said a bunch of numbers and "Cleveland" which I kinda remember after the show Cleveland lol. Anyway got my store credit back the same day. I didnt jot down a long winded answer about my anus, only one word answers so hopefully I'll get em right next time. Is this stuff even legal? Not that I care one bit, only curious.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
I sorta winged and said a bunch of numbers and "Cleveland" which I kinda remember after the show Cleveland lol.
lol

personally, i find security questions a pain in the bum. for starters, they are (relatively) easy to guess and second people can research in social networks and might get them through one of your friends. so if you do use fake answers (which everybody probably do) then what's the point in having them at all?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
I didnt jot down a long winded answer about my anus
wtf?

Quote:
Is this stuff even legal? Not that I care one bit, only curious.
I'm fairly certain Apple can't legally ask you about your anus...
Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I almost always choose "Who was your best childhood friend?" 'cause practically none of my current friends knew that person, and they had a really weird name anyway