Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 AM

Default Shock-X. a Shoot'Em Up original graphics on the iphone

Hi all,

I have my game this week has been put on the App Store (€ 0.79)
Shock-X, a set of aircraft arcade (shoot'em up) the original graphics and unusual, and gameplay different from what is already on IOS.

I wish I had back, to see if you think

I hope you'll love Shock-X!

itunes : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shock-x./id561944885?mt=8

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ShockX.The.Game

Twitter : https://twitter.com/ShockXTheGame

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by venoms972; 11-02-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I'm not doubting the game but why does developers say it is like nothing on App Store but it ends up being like everything on the App Store this reminds of pwang or pwong whatever its called.
I actually just finished a quick game of puwang. I still like it. No idea what this is though.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just tried it. Couldn't figure out how to control it and then realised it was tilt. Please check out Super Ox Wars or any of the Cave Shooters. Make it 1:1 touch control and universal and I'll play again. Just can't do tilt with shooters. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:28 PM
iPad mini

Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Just tried it. Couldn't figure out how to control it and then realised it was tilt. Please check out Super Ox Wars or any of the Cave Shooters. Make it 1:1 touch control and universal and I'll play again. Just can't do tilt with shooters. Sorry.
I preferred the control with the accelerometer to not be like the others.
If you read the help while you play, you will find it easy to play.
Other games using the law to move, and it hides the screen.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by venoms972 View Post
I preferred the control with the accelerometer to not be like the others.
If you read the help while you play, you will find it easy to play.
Other games using the law to move, and it hides the screen.
but it's not about what you prefer...

Name one shmup that's successfully utilized tilt controls - it's not used because it does not work. Even games where you NEED to see more of the screen because of the barrage of bullets coming at you have no option for tilt controls, sacrificing that little bit of screen that goes unseen for precision and accuracy, not to mention fluidity and comfort included with the lack of frustration at both the game and the developer for only including one control scheme that doesn't work within the genre.

It's a good idea to do some market research - even taking 5 minutes to read reviews from previously released tilt controlled shmups (all of which have tanked in the AppStore - minus the exception of 'dodging' TTL type games and Space Tripper - which did include touch controls in an update after release because no one would try it out regardless of all the praise it got beforehand because of it's tilt only controls) before deciding that tilt controls are what you're going to stick with.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 10-28-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Easy to say i know but if i was a dev i would include a range of control options. I think 'sometimes' its dangerous that the dev goes for an option which they prefer, you want to sell the game so think of the wider picture.

Its like having your own house and putting some different wallpaper/furniture in the house and then trying to sell it, wont appeal to so many people, they always tell you to go neutral to appeal to more people

Same with iOS apps, granted the dev might love tilt with this game but you're now cutting out a large part of your market from those who love relative touch with shooters.

As the post above says, i'm stunned sometimes by the lack of market research of even beta testers, many many people here will beta test the game for free and provide valuable feedback as they are your market
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Test my game
And you will see for yourself the ease of control.

But you're right, I'll probably include a second control.
Thank you for your response
Old 10-28-2012, 10:05 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
but it's not about what you prefer...

Name one shmup that's successfully utilized tilt controls - it's not used because it does not work. Even games where you NEED to see more of the screen because of the barrage of bullets coming at you have no option for tilt controls, sacrificing that little bit of screen that goes unseen for precision and accuracy, not to mention fluidity and comfort included with the lack of frustration at both the game and the developer for only including one control scheme that doesn't work within the genre.

It's a good idea to do some market research - even taking 5 minutes to read reviews from previously released tilt controlled shmups (all of which have tanked in the AppStore - minus the exception of 'dodging' TTL type games and Space Tripper - which did include touch controls in an update after release because no one would try it out regardless of all the praise it got beforehand because of it's tilt only controls) before deciding that tilt controls are what you're going to stick with.
^This.

Tilt controls suck ass.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Man, this dev doesn't have a very good approach to feedback and criticism.

"I think the game would benefit from using a different control scheme, this one is not ideal" (MOST HELPFUL FEEDBACK EVER)

"Well, I prefer it the way it is. Trust me it's easy." (UHHH WHAT)