★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Karim Angama
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 45.0 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: FREE DAYS

Shock-X. Space shooter wars paper is a shoot'em up with original graphics that offers a new gameplay deferens which is normally done on IOS, with the difficulty well balanced and easy handling and fast.

Confront multiple enemies, increase your score and compare to other players and gain prestige over your ascent.

Move your PaperShip at the accelerometer or with your finger and explore a universe original space. Throughout the game you will discover new weapons, new enemies, and new obstacles to overcome while using the features of the phone and the touch screen to manage your weapons and power.

But beware! certain ammunition is limited, you need to enable timely ultimate your weapon that will save waves enemies.

Short, with Shock X. you will discover a new way to play shooters on your iPhone or iPod Touch

* Features :
Free updates that include new missions
Consultation rankings of scores on Game Center
12 challenges to achieve
3 Missions
36 levels to explore (12 levels per mission)
6 bosses to face (2 per boss mission)
25 different enemies
Different weapons (Bomb, shield, laser etc ...).

For regular updates and free you can discover new missions, weapons, and powers.

* Follow us on :
www.shock-x.com
www.facebook.com/ShockX.The.Game
www.twitter.com/ShockXTheGame

venoms972's comments:
Hi all,

I have my game this week has been put on the App Store (€ 0.79)
Shock-X, a set of aircraft arcade (shoot'em up) the original graphics and unusual, and gameplay different from what is already on IOS.

I wish I had back, to see if you think

I hope you'll love Shock-X!

itunes : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shock-x./id561944885?mt=8

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ShockX.The.Game

Twitter : https://twitter.com/ShockXTheGame

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not doubting the game but why does developers say it is like nothing on App Store but it ends up being like everything on the App Store this reminds of pwang or pwong whatever its called.

10-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I'm not doubting the game but why does developers say it is like nothing on App Store but it ends up being like everything on the App Store this reminds of pwang or pwong whatever its called.
I actually just finished a quick game of puwang. I still like it. No idea what this is though.
10-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
I actually just finished a quick game of puwang. I still like it. No idea what this is though.
Puwang is good nice drawn detail its dirt of like that it seems
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Just tried it. Couldn't figure out how to control it and then realised it was tilt. Please check out Super Ox Wars or any of the Cave Shooters. Make it 1:1 touch control and universal and I'll play again. Just can't do tilt with shooters. Sorry.
10-27-2012, 02:28 PM

10-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Just tried it. Couldn't figure out how to control it and then realised it was tilt. Please check out Super Ox Wars or any of the Cave Shooters. Make it 1:1 touch control and universal and I'll play again. Just can't do tilt with shooters. Sorry.
I preferred the control with the accelerometer to not be like the others.
If you read the help while you play, you will find it easy to play.
Other games using the law to move, and it hides the screen.
10-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by venoms972 View Post
I preferred the control with the accelerometer to not be like the others.
If you read the help while you play, you will find it easy to play.
Other games using the law to move, and it hides the screen.
but it's not about what you prefer...

Name one shmup that's successfully utilized tilt controls - it's not used because it does not work. Even games where you NEED to see more of the screen because of the barrage of bullets coming at you have no option for tilt controls, sacrificing that little bit of screen that goes unseen for precision and accuracy, not to mention fluidity and comfort included with the lack of frustration at both the game and the developer for only including one control scheme that doesn't work within the genre.

It's a good idea to do some market research - even taking 5 minutes to read reviews from previously released tilt controlled shmups (all of which have tanked in the AppStore - minus the exception of 'dodging' TTL type games and Space Tripper - which did include touch controls in an update after release because no one would try it out regardless of all the praise it got beforehand because of it's tilt only controls) before deciding that tilt controls are what you're going to stick with.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 10-28-2012 at 08:55 AM.
10-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Easy to say i know but if i was a dev i would include a range of control options. I think 'sometimes' its dangerous that the dev goes for an option which they prefer, you want to sell the game so think of the wider picture.

Its like having your own house and putting some different wallpaper/furniture in the house and then trying to sell it, wont appeal to so many people, they always tell you to go neutral to appeal to more people

Same with iOS apps, granted the dev might love tilt with this game but you're now cutting out a large part of your market from those who love relative touch with shooters.

As the post above says, i'm stunned sometimes by the lack of market research of even beta testers, many many people here will beta test the game for free and provide valuable feedback as they are your market
10-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Test my game
And you will see for yourself the ease of control.

But you're right, I'll probably include a second control.
Thank you for your response