Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Night Whisper Lane Promo Code Contest PART 2

EPX Game presents: Night Whisper Lane

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

CONTEST RULES:

We want you to come up with the most creative way to kill someone in a video game.

Here is the theme:
Booby-Trap: You are a Trap expert like Sofia (Night Whisper Lane) and you must create a booby-trap that looks innocent, but is deadly. Please explain what happens to you when to activate the trap.

Contest Starts: Monday October 29th @ Midnight (12:00 AM) Eastern Time

Contest Ends: - Wednesday October 31st @ Midnight (12:00 AM) Eastern Time.

Results:
Winners will be posted at 5PM Eastern time on Halloween (Wednesday October 31st)

The 5 Best most creative ideas win , heck we might even use one of these idea's in Scenario 2.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by EPX; 11-04-2012 at 01:44 AM.. Reason: A new contest Is starting
Old 10-28-2012, 01:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Haven't played the game yet but a "naked girl in the shower" trap guy walks toward the room opens the door and 2 blades cut the body.
so basically I'm assuming the two blades pop up and attack you from the shower ?

interesting TRAP thanks for being the first person to respond. the contest does start at midnight, but we will accept all entries . so no worries
Old 10-28-2012, 04:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Big saw fan so trap ideas I'm sure y'all would get alot of them soon
I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas. I'm sure alot of people will get creative like you did.

Thanks for the submission.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 PM

Hi everyone, this is actually my first post!

Anyway, here is my pitch (I know I'm early)

So I did some research, and it appears the phrase "booby trap" comes from the meaning of the early Spanish word "booby" - meaning "stupid person, slow bird".

So the trap would consist of the player, seeing the silhouette of a naked woman (sorry to piggyback off previous poster) and naturly would become interested in this image - upon investigating, the silhouette is actually revealed to be a Cassowary (world most dangerous bird) - which then attacks the player, basically making it a pun on the word "booby trap" in that the player is ultimately injured (or killed) by a "slow bird" after being a "stupid person" for thinking there was actually a naked woman.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default for a bloody promo

trap 1 - bathroom...turn on the water by the sink activates a small beam of light you can see glowing from inside the bathroom mirror where your standing(a mirror-cabinet) that can open. If you open it to investigate the light depending on how your standing you'll get a shotgun blast the the head - the shotgun was hidden inside the cabinet with a clue if you live.

trap 2 - bathroom...if you open the lid of the toilet and spear comes through 2 trap doors, one behind the toilet tile wall, 2nd from floor in front. Why open, you can see something taped to the inside lid. standing to the side of the toilet and you might live another day.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman900s View Post
Hi everyone, this is actually my first post!

Anyway, here is my pitch (I know I'm early)

So I did some research, and it appears the phrase "booby trap" comes from the meaning of the early Spanish word "booby" - meaning "stupid person, slow bird".

So the trap would consist of the player, seeing the silhouette of a naked woman (sorry to piggyback off previous poster) and naturly would become interested in this image - upon investigating, the silhouette is actually revealed to be a Cassowary (world most dangerous bird) - which then attacks the player, basically making it a pun on the word "booby trap" in that the player is ultimately injured (or killed) by a "slow bird" after being a "stupid person" for thinking there was actually a naked woman.
supaman900s,

wow thanks for that meaning, "stupid person, slow bird".. i really like the legend behind booby-traps. wow thanks so much for that info.

Very creative trap with the shower, that Cassowary bird looks very scary, look at the image i found of one below.

The funny thing is Night Whisper Lane does have a Booby-trap in the shower as well sorry to spoil this to anyone.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Mysterious seemingly important key secretly contains a detonator for explosives hidden somewhere else in the house. If the player accepts the key and approaches the explosives then boom (without the key detonator the explosives are neutralized). However, the key also unlocks a valuable stash in a separate part of the house. What will come first death or riches? The key could have a cryptic warning message or not.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
trap 1 - bathroom...turn on the water by the sink activates a small beam of light you can see glowing from inside the bathroom mirror where your standing(a mirror-cabinet) that can open. If you open it to investigate the light depending on how your standing you'll get a shotgun blast the the head - the shotgun was hidden inside the cabinet with a clue if you live.

trap 2 - bathroom...if you open the lid of the toilet and spear comes through 2 trap doors, one behind the toilet tile wall, 2nd from floor in front. Why open, you can see something taped to the inside lid. standing to the side of the toilet and you might live another day.
mrbiggles,

wow two interesting ideas. i like the idea with the note warning you. seems like a cool idea.

To everyone: I'm very happy with the traps submitted so far. The contest has been getting a lot of creative idea's.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

False welcome mat leads to pit of nails.

Doors lock behind you automatically when closed (imagine the movie Cube). ...or Door opening loads the trap which comes into play if the door is closed.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Mysterious seemingly important key secretly contains a detonator for explosives hidden somewhere else in the house. If the player accepts the key and approaches the explosives then boom (without the key detonator the explosives are neutralized). However, the key also unlocks a valuable stash in a separate part of the house. What will come first death or riches? The key could have a cryptic warning message or not.
undeadcow,

wow this trap seems so much like a trap we would see in a SAW movie. very good indeed. i like the cryptic warning message as well.

"What will come first death or riches?"

thanks for your submission