Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 AM

Default Shove Pro by Rad Dragon [Universal]

You know how in an action movie foot chase, the guy being chased will go to unreasonable lengths to shove any extras who are even remotely in his way? Like, he could probably go around them, but instead he'll knock them over or swat the bag of groceries out of their hands?

We made a game about that.

Rad Dragon's first iOS game, Shove Pro, is now available in the App Store! You are Lars Speedwagon, stuntman extraordinaire and expert in the art of shoving over pedestrians in action movie chase scenes. Shove your way across colorful European cities, causing chaos and foiling your pursuers with hilarious ragdoll physics!

Features
  • A cunning reversal of the popular “endless runner” genre with a slapstick twist!
  • Each level puts Lars into a new action movie with a crazy – yet plausible – procedurally generated title and premise!
  • Spend hard earned Lira or real-world cash to unlock new cities, special modes, stunt accessories, and more!
  • Soundtrack featuring electronic dance takes on classic European folk music, with a dash of 80s action movie rock!
  • Challenge friends to beat your high scores with Game Center, or present them to the world using Twitter or Facebook!

Debut Trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Gameplay Preview

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Music Teaser on Soundcloud

Shove Pro website

Rad Dragon website

Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Great game. Awesome ragoll physics, perfect touch controls and most importantly a ton of fun to play.

Very unique game, can't say I have played anything like it.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Love the Debut Trailer, will wait on some more impressions on gameplay though
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks good, and the concept is pretty rad, but the Run animation seems... off.

Still... this is instabuy for me.

EDIT: Downloading now... Imps in a bit

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 11-08-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks good, and the concept is pretty rad, but the Run animation seems... off.

Still... this is instabuy for me.

EDIT: Downloading now... Imps in a bit
Yes, the running can look a little odd but really doesn't take away from the fun. There is a lot going on in the game, so it has to move slow enough to let you take in everything but fast enough to make it fun and challenging.

I was already hooked but even more so once the helicopters started showing up.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Initial imps...

The running still feels awkward to me, but the game is fun. Didnt think shoving people into cars and pursuers, not to mention helicopters(!) was too much fun.

Also, i am pretty SURE, IAP isnt required. On my first run alone, I got 14 Lira, and the most expensive things you can buy in the game are 3 aesthetic equips that cost 50 Lira each. Stuff that affect gameplay and change some rules of the game cost from 10 to 30 Lira and i am pretty sure there is always something to buy every 1 to 3 runs, and in my experience with runner games, playing 3 games is NOT a grind at all.

Im not so sure what the "Story Rewrites" are for, but im pretty sure they will add more into a game i find fun and fresh in the runner genre.

EDIT: Additionally, there are 40 achievements, 4 leaderboards (from what i see, none of them is affected by IAP), more ingame achievements like "movie collection/library" and the overall stats page, and features 6 locations.

Content-wise, it's a steal for its asking price of $2, compared to IAP-driven freemium runners.

EDIT2: I played a shorter game this time, and somehow, i got zero Lira in my last run. Maybe i wasnt able to complate a mission?

EDIT3: Ah... You get Lira from levelling up (by playing the game and scoring), and from completing missions from the Shot List. Not bad. Just got 8 Lira in the the last game which only lasted a couple minutes. LOL

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 11-08-2012 at 12:41 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Bought just off the trailer... Watching that was worth the 1.99. Very well done.

Edit: Glad I did. It's a fun little game that is good for a laugh. I'd gotten tired of the "runner" games, but his one adds something new to it (and the trailer really did a good job of selling it). I also like all the different things you can unlock along the way and am hoping that the devs will continue to add to it.

Last edited by QuickWit; 11-08-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I feel bad for the game not getting the attention it deserves. There arent much for this week's releases except for a few, so i thought this would pick up, but it still drowned out pretty quick.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Yep - this is good. Running is funny and a bit of old fashioned N64 fog at the back but by crikey what it lacks in technical magnificence it makes up for in fun. It's like temple run backwards except you get to push people out of your way. Touch rather than tilt too. Definitely recommended.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

interesting idea