Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 10:44 AM

Default Chip Chain by AppAbove Games (Universal)

Chip Chain is just showing up on the App Store world wide...its free so go check it out.

Polygon.com says it best:
Dig Drop7 or Tripletown? Chip Chain is the unholy combination of the two. Essentially you're placing down poker chips which, when paired with two of the same value, rank up into the higher level chip, yielding potential combos. It's simple, elegant and full of strategy, especially when you factor in bonus cards that can augment the chips on the board. It's also free and offers a surprisingly large amount of content before you have to pony up some dough. (Universal, free)
Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Facebook Twitter @chipchain
Website chip-chain.com
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Nice! I love Drop7 and Triple Town. I'll definitely check it out.

What do you need to pony up dough for, exactly? Is it consumables or permanent unlocks?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Hi CzarCastic,

I hope you enjoy the game...if you like both of those you are definitely going to like this one. Its been really addictive for our play testers.

Its got both consumables and permanent unlocks, but you also earn those while playing, so you can definitely get a very good sense of the game and really enjoy on a free level. A purchase would just help you speed up and unlock new cards and modes a big faster. And we also put in Tapjoy support too, so you could do an offer or two if you wanted more.

We also have an unlimited option, so you could just get everything at once, forever.

Have fun!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Looks like Chip Chain was just featured on the iPhone! Exciting stuff!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This is a really great game! Describing it as a cross between Drop7 and Triple Town is almost perfect. The biggest difference is that you can chain together more than 3 chips to create huge groups (think Boomlings) that combine into one chip that is a single denomination larger.

The IAP-store-gem thing is sort of confusing at first, but so far the game seems to progress fairly well. You can unlocked unlimited everything for $9.99 USD, or for smaller amounts you can get a limited number of gems, which you can use to unlock various power ups and bonuses.

It's definitely a high score game which you can buy your way to the top, so some people will be put off by this. It doesn't matter too much to me. I see it as a personal challenge to do better. The powerups/bonuses are arranged very similarly to Triple Town. There are a limited number of bonuses you can buy in a given game. Until you have spent some time unlocking everything, you'll have to spend (or buy) gems to get access to those bonuses. Again, this may be off-putting to some, but if you could handle Triple Town's payment structure, this is very similar.

Overall, I'd say you should definitely check it out for free. I think $10 is too much for a complete game unlock, so I'll probably just grind away until a sale.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

To the devs, if I buy the 1.99 pack then I can play all 4 modes is that correct. If so I would just be missing out on the newer cards and powerups? If so then I'll definetly be giving you guys my money because this is a great game. Having a lot of fun with it.

Edit: Toftt and so you do get the full mode unlock for 1.99 plus enough to unlock a good deal of other cards powerups etc. Having a good deal of fun with this. Only new game I've spent money on this week.

Last edited by Fractalrock; 11-08-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Default Game Impressions

This is a really polished and fun game. The tripletown meets drop7 comparison is apt. It is free to try, easy to jump into, and with alot of progressive depth. Eventually, you'll want to pay $1.99 to unlock all the game modes.

Highly recommend, should be getting more attention!

Devs, icloud support would be awesome.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

OMG, this is so good!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 PM

this is so polished!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Thanks everyone for their kinda words. We'll take a look at iCloud for a future update...i totally understand how you'd like to share your gems and unlockables between devices.

If you do get the unlimited gem pack, it will work on all your devices since thats an Apple in-app purchase...thats the best short term solution I can come up with for now.

Thanks!

-Aaron