★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flying Daggers $2.99 > $0.99

11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Flying Daggers $2.99 > $0.99

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
You realize this should be in the freebies/price drops section right?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Doh! *headdesk*

I could've sworn that's where I had posted it. Dangit!

Quote:
Ninny speaks the truth.
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Know this will be moved but I know controls were a big bone of contention when this first came out. Have they greatly improved? Is the game worth the space?
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Know this will be moved but I know controls were a big bone of contention when this first came out. Have they greatly improved? Is the game worth the space?
Yeah, I was wondering this too. This game was sitting in my AppShopper wishlist so it notified me of the price change. I posted it on here to see if it was worth my buck.

Quote:
Ninny speaks the truth.
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Is this like a Super Crate box kinda game?
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Is this like a Super Crate box kinda game?
Nope... I'd say more actiony... To the point of being sorta Megaman bossfights with Contra action, with League of Evil-sized maps.

The controls have improved, but it still has flaws. I believe i was the very first one in TA to toftt for this title, and i can safely say it is more playable now than before. To be honest, i was a little annoyed that the dev was "holding on" to his idea of innovative controls, that he tries soooo hard not to use the usual jump button and vstick to aim, that he put the jump button in the middle of the aim stick. It works, but it is flawed.

As for Ninjack's question about being worth the dollar, to me it was, but i didnt get to the point of finishing the game, mostly because the controls update came out when Apocalypse Max was released, so it just got forgotten.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
What? Not universal or hd version??? Was going to go buy this and all, but no ipad version. Fail, forget it.
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
To be honest, i was a little annoyed that the dev was "holding on" to his idea of innovative controls, that he tries soooo hard not to use the usual jump button and vstick to aim, that he put the jump button in the middle of the aim stick. It works, but it is flawed.
Unfortunate, it looks really nice but to be honest I think it would be a bit frustrating. Thanks for explaining that.
11-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Nope... I'd say more actiony... To the point of being sorta Megaman bossfights with Contra action, with League of Evil-sized maps.

The controls have improved, but it still has flaws. I believe i was the very first one in TA to toftt for this title, and i can safely say it is more playable now than before. To be honest, i was a little annoyed that the dev was "holding on" to his idea of innovative controls, that he tries soooo hard not to use the usual jump button and vstick to aim, that he put the jump button in the middle of the aim stick. It works, but it is flawed.

As for Ninjack's question about being worth the dollar, to me it was, but i didnt get to the point of finishing the game, mostly because the controls update came out when Apocalypse Max was released, so it just got forgotten.
Thanks for the feedback re: controls... pass.

DBC

I give up.