App description: From the family of UNO card games, Skip-Bo is the ultimate sequencing card game! Test your skills and strategy by being the first to put all your cards in sequential stacks, and totally ace the game!

In this mobile version, players are each dealt 30-card "stockpiles"; the first one to deplete their pile wins. Competing either alone or in teams, players draw from a central pile and stack their cards sequentially onto one of four "build" piles, using plentiful Skip-Bo wild cards to break up static situations.

Deceptively simple and ingeniously designed, this classic game offers plenty of strategizing opportunities. Play against the game, or take turns over the air with up to 4 players.

sizzlakalonji's comments:
It's a nice version of the card classic, but unfortunately, not universal. There doesn't appear to be a HD version as of now.

11-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Needs improvement

When playing against the computer, the AI's card movements are much too fast, and the computer always wins. I've lost my first 35 games (yes, the game play is addicting), many of them when I'm down to only a few cards but the computer miraculously draws exactly the cards it needs to win. There is no semblance of an even playing field in the vs. computer mode. Also, the game doesn't keep track of wins and losses, perhaps because human players can never win. I rated this as 4 stars in the App Store, but the extremely high challenge may ultimately trump my enjoyment. I can't comment on the multiplayer mode as I haven't tried it.
11-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
When playing against the computer, the AI's card movements are much too fast, and the computer always wins. I've lost my first 35 games (yes, the game play is addicting), many of them when I'm down to only a few cards but the computer miraculously draws exactly the cards it needs to win. There is no semblance of an even playing field in the vs. computer mode. Also, the game doesn't keep track of wins and losses, perhaps because human players can never win. I rated this as 4 stars in the App Store, but the extremely high challenge may ultimately trump my enjoyment. I can't comment on the multiplayer mode as I haven't tried it.
That's strange, because I've won about 3 out of 7 games against the AI. It's certainly a challenge, and I didn't win until my 3rd game when I figured out a strategy that works for me. The stats do seem to have issues though. Hopefully they'll get addressed in an update.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!