Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Asura Cross™ - (by Gamevil) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-20-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Old 11-20-2012, 12:00 PM

Default [Game] Asura Cross is now LIVE on the App Store!

Asura Cross iOS Launch Event

Fight for Your Destiny
Play the most exciting adventure fighting game for mobile!

After serving in the army for two years, Jin returns home only to find himself in the middle of an ancient conspiracy. As he delves deeper into the secret world of Asura Cross, Jin meets a cast of strange men and women. He must fight them to save a friend and uncover the mysteries that surround him. Be the decision maker as you fight against enemies and alter Jin’s fate!

Featuring 8 different modes of gameplay and with an intriguing storyline full of twists and turns, Asura Cross offers deep rewards in addicting martial arts gameplay!

================================================== ===============
FEATURES

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE IN STORY MODE
The choice is yours in Story Mode as your decide how your hero will play out his destiny. Strengthen your character with skill building and training options. With multiple endings, the combinations are endless as you determine your fate.

PLAY WITH A FRIEND IN VERSUS MODE
Challenge a friend or a stranger as you go head to head in split screen action or through Bluetooth!

BATTLE YOUR WAY TO THE TOP IN ARCADE MODE
Defeat the rankings of all the characters as you achieve special skills and moves in Arcade Mode!

HONE YOUR SKILLS AND UNLOCK CHARACTERS IN PRACTICE MODE
Sharpen your moves in Practice Mode as you work to unlock new characters and perfect your hand-to-hand combat moves!

GAMEVIL

Download it for FREE here:
[iOS] http://bit.ly/asuracross
[Video] http://youtu.be/3IOP6T_3hak

Last edited by gamevil_TA; 03-15-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

My early impressions are that while the game is too slow for my taste, in attacks but especially in character movement, and while the graphics are too retro for my taste and lack retina, the sliding button mechanic seem to work VERY well (and makes chaining commands and combos feel very intuitive and smooth), the game has plenty of modes to play and unlock, there is an actual story, the AP system seems reasonably generous (in the larger freemium scheme of things) and actually offers a sense of progression (one of the few things excellent iOS fighters souch as SF, SFXT, KoF and SC lack to some or full extent) by allowing the player to purchase characters, supermoves and costumes, and there is local multiplayer.

With online multiplayer and additional characters (something that sounds likely, considering the freemium nature of the game, and the need of this busines model to provide new content for players to spend real money on), this might actually become quite a competent fighter, and the poor man's definitie alternative to the fighting heavyweights of the platform.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM

Fighting + Story + For Free = I guess there is no Reason why someone shouldn`t give it a try.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-21-2012 at 03:11 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Played through several stages of the Story mode. Got to Chapter two, and hit a brick wall with an opponent with a lot higher level than me. I eventually beat him by spamming a grapple (heheh), so it was possible to beat him but I could see how other players may feel this seemingly unfair difficulty is the game trying to force you to buy IAP.

Hoping that this game indeed adds more content that enhances the fun, rather than being something that forces you to spend in order to progress. It really seems a nice fighting game (that's not a port), a rarity on the iOS platform.

Last edited by madman73; 11-21-2012 at 12:13 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 PM

It's a fairly slow game but the dialogue and story are pretty engaging
Found myself thinking I was reading some sort of manga with me being able to participate in the fighting and control that aspect.
Pretty fun concept
Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Ok, this game is a great game no doubt. Here's my impressions...

Pros:

The small filesize is one of the many things I always give Gamevil credit for, controls are smooth & fluid, combo system is solid, game speed is spot on, great diversity in characters with different looks & fighting styles, graphics are great (could use some more sharping up around the edges on my iPad Mini), music is good, sound fx are great, rpg elements as always is where Gamevil shines above all (yes all) other iOS Devs, many game modes to keep you intrigued, and implementation in the how the story is laid out in story mode (the story itself is good too though a bit lengthy in between fights) minus the character level difficulty spike towards the end.

Cons:

1. Need more playable characters & diversity in character costumes/looks. It just feels like there isn't enough player content, especially after completing story mode (because it gives you a nice taste of pretty much all characters by letting you play as them before needing to buy and/or unlocking them through an extremely and I mean extremely heavy to the point where you will more than likely lose interest grind). -1 Star.

2. The iap model is just completely shot, unbalanced, and unfair. Most character upgrades cost around 20+AP, additional characters are 120+AP, additional Game Modes cost 20+AP, and alt costumes are 20+AP to unlock which I have no problem with. Here's where I have a problem (free game or not)...after completing any Game Mode, your rewarded on average 1+AP no matter how good you do. Gamevil I've been a HUGE fan of yours since Zenonia, heck even a Beta Tester for quite some time, but to be honest, it seems like after Zenonia 2 and Illusia, you started to lose integrity a little more with each release of your games. I appreciate your releasing free games (though I prefer paid, even with IAP as long as its fair like Z2 which was as fair as you've ever been) because it gives everyone a chance to play and enjoy all the great things your company has to offer not to mention you are a company and have to get paid for your hard work. In all honesty your games are becoming less user friendly (to me).

Gamevil, from a long time fan it's getting harder and harder to enjoy your games as they are becoming more and more unbalanced with IAP to even enjoy. Please stop gouging gamers with extremely unfair and unbalanced currency for us gamers to get ahead in your games (I wouldn't mind supporting IAP if the grind without the need for it were somewhat remotely reasonable which is not even close to being the case here), the spike in difficulty towards the end of Story Mode alone is just flat out sad for a 1AP reward. -2 Stars (which should respectfully be -3 Stars but I'm holding on still as a long-time fan and customer with hope).

I'm going to hold on to this game mainly due to the filesize in comparison to other fighting games on iOS and it is a very fun game. I can see myself playing this very seldom at this point in Arcade Mode just to cure my fighting itch, but outside of that...I can't take Asura Cross seriously due to the above stated (I know I'm not going to progress at a reasonable pace and would lose interest if I play this as much as I'd truly like). I hope to see updates down the line addressing the obvious because that alone would net Asura Cross a 4-5 Star Game respectively.

2 out of 5 Stars as is.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Asura Cross Free Asura Point Event

Fight for your Destiny! Master the fine art of street fighting!

REPLY on this thread with your CS code to receive FREE 200 AP!

For your CS code, Tap the Question Mark Icon and go to the Game Inquiry page.
For iOS users, please CAPITALIZE you CS code to receive the AP.

The Event ends on 11/30, Friday.

Asura Points will be sent after the event ends.
In order to retrieve them, you need to close and restart the app.

GAMEVIL

Download it for FREE here:
[iOS] http://bit.ly/asuracross
[Video] http://youtu.be/3IOP6T_3hak

Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
You mean when you fight the big guy?
Yeah, the fight with Father Faith. Where he has about four times your life bar and regenerates like crazy, and hits with attacks that pretty much take off all your life in one or two hits. UN-freakin-fair.

I love the smooth character animations and fighting styles (love the Judo girl in particular), the story mode is refreshingly engaging. HOWEVER, the difficulty is unfair and the IAP is forced on you to advance, which is just something I hate. I'd be fine with buying characters, alternate colors or costumes... but stuff that is integral to playing or progressing should NOT be constricted by IAP in this way. Simply evil.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default CS Code...

59e94a11-c9ab-4fcf-b407-b896c06312b8