★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***NOTE: Compatible with iPad2, iPad mini and up, and iPhone 4S and up - WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES***

300 Dwarves is a tale of an epic dwarven mercenary band. Their axes are for hire to anyone willing to pay in gold or treasure.

The once peaceful kingdom was attacked by the green horde and it was up to the gamer, the Leader, to prepare its defense. This began an epic journey in order to save the world from the green menace! Users are a dwarven commander, leading the band into battle. The choices you make will now decide whether your dwarves make it or not. As an old dwarven proverb says:

What is better than a big axe?
Even a bigger axe!

300 Dwarves features five unique towers with upgrades. In addition to that, the commander can use special powers like: artillery barrage, battle horn or even power of the rune magic. To provide non-linear progression of the game, the player can achieve skill point counts in the game as treasures, which can be spent as upgrades on skill tree.

You will travel through diverse lands of the kingdom and face different enemies ranging from small green goblins, through a whole menagerie of creatures.

Game Features:

12 beautiful, hand drawn levels!
Captivating epic story!
5 unique tower types!
3 special powers!
32 different dwarven technologies to upgrade your defences!
Multitude of enemies and different environments!

**** NOTE: Compatible with iPad2, iPad mini and up, and iPhone 4S and up - WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES ****

Follow @forestmoongames on Twitter for the latest 300 Dwarves and Forest Moon Games updates!

Echoseven's comments:

Cheaper SD Version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/300-dwarves-sd/id576184405

DEVICE REQUIREMENTS:

HD VERSION:
**** NOTE: Compatible with iPad2, iPad mini and up, and iPhone 4S and up - WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES ****

SD VERSION: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
11-21-2012, 06:02 AM
It looks to be heavily inspired by Kingdom Rush. I'll definitely wait for impressions on this one.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

11-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Anyways I agree this is a rip-off of Kingdom Rush so why play this when you can play the original instead?

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.
11-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
It looks like what kingdom rush sequel could be and thats not a bad thing. Lets wait for some reviews.
11-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Anyways I agree this is a rip-off of Kingdom Rush so why play this when you can play the original instead?
You could say that about tons of games. Platform games in the 80's were all about getting objects and then finding the exit, most platform games now still are the same but with different levels/graphics/controls.

Same for MANY other games in the app store, many are inspired by previous games.

If you like Kingdom Rush i'm sure you'll like this one. The 'nazi' comment was a bit OTT
11-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Because it might be better. This is generally how genres come into existence.

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-21-2012 at 03:06 PM.
11-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
You could say that about tons of games. Platform games in the 80's were all about getting objects and then finding the exit, most platform games now still are the same but with different levels/graphics/controls.

Same for MANY other games in the app store, many are inspired by previous games.

If you like Kingdom Rush i'm sure you'll like this one.
Being inspired by and being a complete rip-off are two totally different things imo. This doesn't look "kinda" like Kingdom Rush it looks EXACTLY like Kingdom Rush. If I liked Kingdom Rush (and I did) why wouldn't I play Kingdom Rush? Why would I play an inferior copy?

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-21-2012 at 03:07 PM.
11-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Because it might be better. This is generally how genres come into existence.
I don't understand what you are trying to say? Its not like Kingdom Rush was the first TD game? And no this isn't better I can guarantee you that.
11-21-2012, 06:38 AM
This game was created from scratch, taking inspiration from another game. That's -exactly- how games evolve. No assets have been stolen and any similar gameplay mechanics have already been done in TD games, just as you said.

And no, you can't guarantee this isn't better. What a ridiculous thing to say.
11-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
I don't understand what you are trying to say? Its not like Kingdom Rush was the first TD game? And no this isn't better I can guarantee you that.
Have you played both? If not then how can you say? And if you are REALLY not interested in the game are you in this thread just to troll? Josh only makes/develops quality games. I can guarantee you that.

Loving TD's I look forward to this tonight. Any thoughts as to which version to get? Looks like both are universal. Both look optimized for the larger screens as well. Is one retina?