Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 11-24-2012, 06:48 PM

Default Best Pinball Game on iPhone?

I'm in the mood to purchase a quality pinball game for my iPhone (no iPad yet). I'm not particularly looking to spend top dollar but don't expect a great pinball game for $.99. I'm a total noob as far as pinball games go, so I don't really know what I'm looking for. I think the AC/DC pinball game got my attention and got me thinking about pinball but I don't know if that's any good, aside from having AC/DC blaring as the soundtrack. Also, it seems that many iOS pinball games have low initial prices but then charge for all the tables separately. This kind of annoys me but isn't a deal-killer for me. Lastly, I don't know if I want arcade style or realistic, but I'm a noob so feel free to give me all the basic advice you are willing to give (i.e., what in your opinion makes a pinball game good on iOS?). Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Rob-o-bot is a Pinball sim. Only one table. No IAP for extra tables although if they made more I'd consider purchasing them.
It's the only pinball game I have on iOS and it's on sale for $.99 at the moment. I'm not sure about other pinball games.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM
iPad 2

For arcade style Frogger pinball is pretty good. It's made by the people who did Metroid pinball for gameboy. I think there's a free lite version you can check out.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot

It's one table done very well.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

I can vouch for all of these. If you don't have any nostalgia for either real-world pinball or old computer game pinball Zen is probably the best bet.

Collections

Pinball Arcade
Recreations of real world tables. Starter table Tales of Arabian Nights is great.

Zen Pinball
Fantasy tables including various Marvel comics licenses. The free starter table Sorcerer's Lair is excellent.

Age of Pinballs
Tables are a little simple (and at the same time odd) compared to the above but still fun. Very nice graphics engine scratches on upper glass etc.

90s Computer Games Redone in 3D

Pinball Dreams HD
I haven't played this much since Pinball Arcade came out but used to be my main iOS pin. Very charming old school game. Good music.

Tristan
Pioneer game from early 90s. Sparse table actually a plus on small iPhone screen.

Stand-Alone Tables

Crystal Caliburn II
Wonderful game one of the all time greats.

Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot
Just released recently terrific game.

Last edited by Athos; 11-24-2012 at 11:47 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I love pinball games on OS. My fave is Pinball Arcade as it's pretty close to the real thing. I have a few others but as soon as I got the above they became redundant.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
I can vouch for all of these. If you don't have any nostalgia for either real-world pinball or old computer game pinball Zen is probably the best bet.

Collections

Pinball Arcade
Recreations of real world tables. Starter table Tales of Arabian Nights is great.

Zen Pinball
Fantasy tables including various Marvel comics licenses. The free starter table Sorcerer's Lair is excellent.

Age of Pinballs
Tables are a little simple (and at the same time odd) compared to the above but still fun. Very nice graphics engine scratches on upper glass etc.

90s Computer Games Redone in 3D

Pinball Dreams HD
I haven't played this much since Pinball Arcade came out but used to be my main iOS pin. Very charming old school game. Good music.

Tristan
Pioneer game from early 90s. Sparse table actually a plus on small iPhone screen.

Stand-Alone Tables

Crystal Caliburn II
Wonderful game one of the all time greats.

Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot
Just released recently terrific game.
Excellent recommendations, Crystal Caliburn is my favorite one. I would also vastly recommend the Last Gladiators tables, they're on the pricier side if you buy them all but their physics are spot on and theyre a blast to play.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM
iPad 2

Another good arcade style pinball is Small Ball Grand Canyon. Its very simple but the physics make it kind of addictive to play.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot

It's one table done very well.
Worth it? For 1 table....?
1.99? Really?

Last edited by DannyTheElite; 11-25-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

You should choose between Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade. These are the popular ones. I have both of them on my iDevice but the IAPs are pricey for me :/