Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default How much does it cost to replace Ipod Touch screen?

As you can see from the thread name,I want to replace Ipod Touch screen,which I broke ''accidentally''(threw the ipod on the floor and the screen shattered yay

Also since I'm a DIY guy,should I decide to repair it by myself,how much could I save?

What can I do...I tend to break pretty much everything that has a screen(I even broke a monitor once ''accidentally''

You guys probably get the point that I'm kinda short tempered...

BTW,don't tell me that I'm some kind of a spoiled brat!
Every tech thing I own,I bought myself with my own money...
Old 11-28-2012, 03:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well i accidentally broke my ipod screen one week after buying it ! Somehow the Apple centre (In Manchester, England) replaced it free of charge - for that i'm ever so grateful !

IF your one year free warranty has expired its worth looking on google for local companies who deal with Apple repairs.

Once the warranty has ended i found Apples prices very high. I used my ipod touch so much the 'home button' got stuck, looked at various ways to fix this but didnt work. Apple were quoting me 130 as they said they had to smash the screen to get to it (?!), found a company online in England who could do it for 30, you dont smash the glass at all.

Anyway 30 later and 5 days later i received my ipod touch back, was perfect.

If i was you if your warranty has obviously expired i would find a company in your country where you can send it off for a repair, the company i used dealt with broken screens.

If you want to do it yourself theres quite a few good youtube videos showing you how to do this so it 'may' be worth giving it a go.

Good luck !
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Well,thank you for your advice,but i'll order parts online,and change them myself.

BTW,charging someone 30 pounds for a simple home button replacement is way too much especialy because it's an easy job that can be done in 15-20 minutes
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Not sure, but when my iPod got CRUSHED, I called Apple and they said they'd give me a whole new one (my warranty hasn't expired) for $100, but it sounds like you're in a totally different situation.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Dropped my iphone 4 once, screen broke. Cost me $80 to get it fixed at an iphone repair shop. Itouch screen may be cheaper though.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob007 View Post
Not sure, but when my iPod got CRUSHED, I called Apple and they said they'd give me a whole new one (my warranty hasn't expired) for $100, but it sounds like you're in a totally different situation.
Called Apple a couple of weeks ago, and they said the same thing to me. My youngest dropped her iPod a while back, and we were going to get it fixed for XMAS. At the mall here, they were going to charge us $175 for a new screen. And still, with prices for iPods on craigslist still pretty high (even for a 4th gen) we figured getting an entirely new device from Apple for the $100 would be the best way to go.

I guess it would be a different situation if it was... say... my device... and I hadn't been preparing to get rid of it for the last couple months, and had a massive amount of save files and other irreplaceable things on the device. But the pricing is still pretty close to total replacement, especially if you have a 32GB or smaller device.

Here's pricing on Apple's page ;
http://support.apple.com/kb/index?pa...REPAIR_PRICING
Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The most that's happen to my device is one little scratch and I hate it.