Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
iPhone 5

Default Cry of Fear - FAKE app do not buy

Cry of Fear just showed up on appshopper for 1.99 USD in the US. The app size is 110mb. I don't know if its optimized for iPhone 5. Go check it out!

It was originally released earlier this year as a half-life mod by Swedish developers.

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-28-2012 at 06:06 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hmm youre nothing to do with it then ?

Have you 'checked it out' , if so whats it like ?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Seems to be a fake? I don't know
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yep was gonna say the same thing, if you read the app description it sounds great but i cant believe its all true

Looked on the app store, if you click their support....

http://www.cityoffear.com/

Takes you to the link above which is a crappy free site, no content just 'godaddy' type rubbish.

Its the only app from 'Wqde apps', i would avoid totally. Hope the original poster was innocent and had nothing to do with this app as its looking more and more like a scam

Done a google search for 'cry of fear' and ios and theres no links, very suspicious.

Please people i would suggest staying away from this one despite looking so good (as most scam apps are)

Last edited by psj3809; 11-28-2012 at 06:24 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yep was gonna say the same thing, if you read the app description it sounds great but i cant believe its all true

Looked on the app store, if you click their support....

http://www.cityoffear.com/

Takes you to the link above which is a crappy free site, no content just 'godaddy' type rubbish.

Its the only app from 'Wqde apps', i would avoid totally. Hope the original poster was innocent and had nothing to do with this app as its looking more and more like a scam

Done a google search for 'cry of fear' and ios and theres no links, very suspicious.

Please people i would suggest staying away from this one despite looking so good (as most scam apps are)
No I have nothing to do with it, and I believe you are right I was not. Believing what I saw but it is 100mb so there is a chance. A small one but if it was really watered down. I just got really excited and posted ASAP, hopefully someone can confirm if its real or not.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

If it was 99c i may take a chance but on the other hand it only encourages people to do scam apps if people buy it.

Shame, but again with no PR anywhere on the web i would avoid

You said "It was originally released earlier this year as a half-life mod by Swedish developers." , i'm searching for the game and cant seem to find any links to what you said ?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 AM
iPhone 5

I did play this on the computer though earlier this year and it is a great game, so I just got really excited seeing as more and more quality ports are releasing each day. Hopefully this is real.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-28-2012 at 06:36 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yeah i found a similar site.

But theres no mention of an iOS release anywhere, if there was they would be talking about it.

Think the app is a total scam (sadly)
Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The U.I. Looks photoshopped as well. I am thinking this is the very same dude who has been plaqueing the AppStore lately with the very same technique, with the Werewolf game and Killer Jack game in which he photoshopped half-life U.I. onto editted picks and added some scan lines for effect. The modus operandi stinks of it here... Sad that this kind of stuff flies...

Besides, there is no way that they can legally release a mod on the AppStore, the core code is not their's and is far larger than 110MB... The would first have to license use of the Source engine, which is not cheap for a first time, first release developer. Read the tea leaves people...

Last edited by Bool Zero; 11-28-2012 at 07:02 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 AM
iPhone 5

Yes, sadly I'm realizing this is just a fake, it really sucks that people have the ability to do this on the AppStore, I just got way too excited, glad I didn't buy into the scam, sorry all.