★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 523.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Tag, grind, and trick to the beat in SEGAs hit game Jet Set Radio!

Fight for control of Tokyo-to, mark your turf with graffiti, tag walls, billboards, and even rival gang members! Perform tricks and flips on magnetically driven in-line skates, but watch out for the local police force!

Heritage Collection treatment:
Jet Set Radio is now part of Segas Heritage Collection Series and features Retina Display support as well as Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards!

New for Mobile!
Jet Set Radio has been updated with new features specifically for your mobile device! Swipe the screen to apply graffiti and use your devices camera to take pictures and spray them in game!

Classic Beats:
Skate to the funky tunes of Pirate Radio! Jet Set Radio still features 29 of 30 tracks from the original Dreamcast release.

Express yourself:
Choose from a massive catalog of classic and new graffiti or create your own and use it to tag walls, billboards, cars, and even rival gang members!

The gang's all here
Recruit more than 10 playable characters to your gang, each with their own unique graffiti!

Sanuku's comments:

11-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Niceeeeeeee!

11-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Can someone tell me what to expect with this gameplay. Is it a must have? I'm just not sure what the gameplay is like.
11-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbridge View Post
Can someone tell me what to expect with this gameplay. Is it a must have? I'm just not sure what the gameplay is like.
Skate around and graffiti things to fight an oppressive social order. Grunts from the regime will show up for combat and to try to keep you down. The frantic skating around and colorful personality versus social order theme makes it a cult classic; not sure how the iOS port will turn out.
11-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh wow. Would it really be compatible with the 3GS and iPad 1? That would be awesome.
I have been playing this on the Xbox 360 for the past weeks and I still love it.

The screenshots look great. It is nice that they show the controls. Curious how they work in practice. Looking forward to impressions.
11-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Bought yesterday for the Ps Vita and I have to say that the game looks
better than the original version, JSR and CRAZY TAXI are really
ever green games, it' incredible that these games have almost 12 years...
11-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Finally, a game worth getting tonight!

Game Center: Diligence
11-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Oh boy...dare I ask how big it is uncompressed?
11-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Ah! Yes! I've been waiting for this one for quite a while. Will definitely be picking this up tonight! Although I still have my Dreamcast and JSR, this is one Sega game I need for my on-the-go playing!

--DotComCTO
11-28-2012, 08:24 AM
'She's a much better gal.....'

The music will haunt you on this one.