Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 AM

Default BattleFriends at Sea (by Tequila Mobile) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by TequilaMobile; 08-15-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

A game like this has taken so long to come out!!! Ill definitely give this a go.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
A game like this has taken so long to come out!!! Ill definitely give this a go.
Thanks, Panama Chief! Let us know what your in-game nickname is so we can play with you!

In fact, we strongly encourage all of TA community members to share your nicknames so we can play with you. The following members of our team are at your disposal right now:

Nickname: lukaszd
Role: Executive Producer

Nickname: radogol
Role: Lead Designer

Nickname: damiand
Role: Gameplay Developer

Nickname: jolly roger
Role: Graphic Artist

Nickname: ludwiks
Role: QA Director

Nickname: monikac
Role: Project Manager

Use the chatbox in the summary window to let us know you’re from TA. See you at the battlefield!

Last edited by TequilaMobile; 11-29-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Great game so far!! I was always a big fan of Battleship!

I do have lots of suggestions/questions though:

*First and foremost; we need global and friend leaderboards that we can view in game!

*When connected to Facebook, I'd like to see my friends who actually play and not a list to invite a bunch of people that aren't playing. I can't tell which of my Facebook friends are playing or not.

*I woke up this morning with too many random games from people. You guys should do it like a lot of other games do the random encounters... I only receive a random game if I start one.

*Is there no way to resign a game before it begins?

*Are we able to change our nicknames? If not, I'd like to see a change for that or make it Game Center compatible so it automatically uses that name.

*Before a game starts, I'm not able to place my ships if the opponent gets their turn first. What if they do get a first hit? Will I be unable to move that ship once I start my first turn?

*There's no 'back/return to menu' button during gameplay.

*Why can't we place ships next to each other?

Just know, either way you have an awesome game! I just figured these things would make the game much more enjoyable!

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Great game so far!! I was always a big fan of Battleship!
Great to hear! Thanks for your kind words!

Quote:
Great game so far!! I was always a big fan of Battleship!First and foremost; we need global and friend leaderboards that we can view in game!
That's something we plan to introduce along with a Game Center update. And yes, of course there will be a Game Center update However, we're afraid it might not happen until early next year. There's just too many things we need are more urgent to get right before that, not least of which is general stability and an ability to decline challenges from random opponents. Thank you for your patience.

Quote:
When connected to Facebook, I'd like to see my friends who actually play and not a list to invite a bunch of people that aren't playing. I can't tell which of my Facebook friends are playing or not.
Actually, we did it a bit differently than other social games on the market. See, if your friends are playing, they automatically get added to the Port. In other words, you can only invite friends that don't have BattleFriends yet.

Quote:
I woke up this morning with too many random games from people. You guys should do it like a lot of other games do the random encounters... I only receive a random game if I start one.
See above We intend to deal with this issue in our first major update.

Quote:
Is there no way to resign a game before it begins?
If you accidentally enter a game, you mean? We're afraid not at the moment

Quote:
Are we able to change our nicknames? If not, I'd like to see a change for that or make it Game Center compatible so it automatically uses that name.
We've toyed with that idea, but allowing players to change their nicknames was too dangerous for the stability of the database. We don't yet have the resources of our bigger colleagues, if you know what we mean However, when we get around to revising the database - and we'll have to someday - we'll make sure you'll be able to change your nickname.

As we mentioned before, Game Center integration is on the agenda.

Quote:
Before a game starts, I'm not able to place my ships if the opponent gets their turn first. What if they do get a first hit? Will I be unable to move that ship once I start my first turn?
Don't worry. You can't get hit until you deploy your ships. Their initial formation is generated based on the location of your opponent's hit.

Quote:
There's no 'back/return to menu' button during gameplay.
That's intentional, to make sure other players won't leave their friends hanging mid-turn.

Quote:
Why can't we place ships next to each other?
There are many sets of rules for Sea Battle and some of them disallow placing ships next to each other. We've thought that's a great way to make sure the battles don't last forever and add some tactical depth to the game.

Quote:
Just know, either way you have an awesome game! I just figured these things would make the game much more enjoyable!
You're definitely right! Thanks for your feedback - it means the world to us!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

This is actually really good, better than I was expecting it to be, and better than EA's Battleship. The sounds and animation/graphics are nice too. The online multiplayer is long overdue for a game like this. If the above suggested changes are implemented soon this could be a hit.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Is it possible to play this game with the same username and games on my iPad and iPhone? When I tried to add it to my iPad it said my username was already in use, because I was playing it on my iPhone first. I'd like to be able to play it on both.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
This is actually really good, better than I was expecting it to be, and better than EA's Battleship.
Thanks a lot! The entire team is super excited to hear this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Is it possible to play this game with the same username and games on my iPad and iPhone? When I tried to add it to my iPad it said my username was already in use, because I was playing it on my iPhone first. I'd like to be able to play it on both.
It is possible, yes. Are you sure you're logging in with the same e-mail on both devices? Make sure to let us know - cross-device play is a feature that's very important to us.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I was only using Shuffle to deploy my ships and I didn't know that I could not place ships next to each other. That is a great feature.

So far the best battleship game!

Please add more things to buy: 2x coins, no ads and things like these.

5/5!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Is there any purpose to the gold bars other than powering the sonar? I know there are planned updates to add stuff to the shop. I'm just wondering if (other than the sonar) there is currently any use for gold. Seems odd to have a free game with IAP currency as a revenue model, yet launch it with very little reason to purchase the IAP currency. Am I just overlooking something?