Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 AM
TequilaMobile TequilaMobile is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Posts: 86
Default BattleFriends at Sea (by Tequila Mobile) [Universal]


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up




Last edited by TequilaMobile; 08-15-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM
panama chief panama chief is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 180
Default

A game like this has taken so long to come out!!! Ill definitely give this a go.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
TequilaMobile TequilaMobile is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
A game like this has taken so long to come out!!! Ill definitely give this a go.
Thanks, Panama Chief! Let us know what your in-game nickname is so we can play with you!

In fact, we strongly encourage all of TA community members to share your nicknames so we can play with you. The following members of our team are at your disposal right now:

Nickname: lukaszd
Role: Executive Producer

Nickname: radogol
Role: Lead Designer

Nickname: damiand
Role: Gameplay Developer

Nickname: jolly roger
Role: Graphic Artist

Nickname: ludwiks
Role: QA Director

Nickname: monikac
Role: Project Manager

Use the chatbox in the summary window to let us know you’re from TA. See you at the battlefield!

Last edited by TequilaMobile; 11-29-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
BloodFidelity BloodFidelity is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 100
Default

Great game so far!! I was always a big fan of Battleship!

I do have lots of suggestions/questions though:

*First and foremost; we need global and friend leaderboards that we can view in game!

*When connected to Facebook, I'd like to see my friends who actually play and not a list to invite a bunch of people that aren't playing. I can't tell which of my Facebook friends are playing or not.

*I woke up this morning with too many random games from people. You guys should do it like a lot of other games do the random encounters... I only receive a random game if I start one.

*Is there no way to resign a game before it begins?

*Are we able to change our nicknames? If not, I'd like to see a change for that or make it Game Center compatible so it automatically uses that name.

*Before a game starts, I'm not able to place my ships if the opponent gets their turn first. What if they do get a first hit? Will I be unable to move that ship once I start my first turn?

*There's no 'back/return to menu' button during gameplay.

*Why can't we place ships next to each other?

Just know, either way you have an awesome game! I just figured these things would make the game much more enjoyable!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
TequilaMobile TequilaMobile is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Great game so far!! I was always a big fan of Battleship!
Great to hear! Thanks for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Great game so far!! I was always a big fan of Battleship!First and foremost; we need global and friend leaderboards that we can view in game!
That's something we plan to introduce along with a Game Center update. And yes, of course there will be a Game Center update However, we're afraid it might not happen until early next year. There's just too many things we need are more urgent to get right before that, not least of which is general stability and an ability to decline challenges from random opponents. Thank you for your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
When connected to Facebook, I'd like to see my friends who actually play and not a list to invite a bunch of people that aren't playing. I can't tell which of my Facebook friends are playing or not.
Actually, we did it a bit differently than other social games on the market. See, if your friends are playing, they automatically get added to the Port. In other words, you can only invite friends that don't have BattleFriends yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
I woke up this morning with too many random games from people. You guys should do it like a lot of other games do the random encounters... I only receive a random game if I start one.
See above We intend to deal with this issue in our first major update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Is there no way to resign a game before it begins?
If you accidentally enter a game, you mean? We're afraid not at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Are we able to change our nicknames? If not, I'd like to see a change for that or make it Game Center compatible so it automatically uses that name.
We've toyed with that idea, but allowing players to change their nicknames was too dangerous for the stability of the database. We don't yet have the resources of our bigger colleagues, if you know what we mean However, when we get around to revising the database - and we'll have to someday - we'll make sure you'll be able to change your nickname.

As we mentioned before, Game Center integration is on the agenda.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Before a game starts, I'm not able to place my ships if the opponent gets their turn first. What if they do get a first hit? Will I be unable to move that ship once I start my first turn?
Don't worry. You can't get hit until you deploy your ships. Their initial formation is generated based on the location of your opponent's hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
There's no 'back/return to menu' button during gameplay.
That's intentional, to make sure other players won't leave their friends hanging mid-turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Why can't we place ships next to each other?
There are many sets of rules for Sea Battle and some of them disallow placing ships next to each other. We've thought that's a great way to make sure the battles don't last forever and add some tactical depth to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Just know, either way you have an awesome game! I just figured these things would make the game much more enjoyable!
You're definitely right! Thanks for your feedback - it means the world to us!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 PM
SuperWeird SuperWeird is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 509
Default

This is actually really good, better than I was expecting it to be, and better than EA's Battleship. The sounds and animation/graphics are nice too. The online multiplayer is long overdue for a game like this. If the above suggested changes are implemented soon this could be a hit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 AM
SuperWeird SuperWeird is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 509
Default

Is it possible to play this game with the same username and games on my iPad and iPhone? When I tried to add it to my iPad it said my username was already in use, because I was playing it on my iPhone first. I'd like to be able to play it on both.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 AM
TequilaMobile TequilaMobile is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
This is actually really good, better than I was expecting it to be, and better than EA's Battleship.
Thanks a lot! The entire team is super excited to hear this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Is it possible to play this game with the same username and games on my iPad and iPhone? When I tried to add it to my iPad it said my username was already in use, because I was playing it on my iPhone first. I'd like to be able to play it on both.
It is possible, yes. Are you sure you're logging in with the same e-mail on both devices? Make sure to let us know - cross-device play is a feature that's very important to us.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Carlos-Sz Carlos-Sz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,702
Default

I was only using Shuffle to deploy my ships and I didn't know that I could not place ships next to each other. That is a great feature.

So far the best battleship game!

Please add more things to buy: 2x coins, no ads and things like these.

5/5!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Wizard_Mike Wizard_Mike is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 711
Default

Is there any purpose to the gold bars other than powering the sonar? I know there are planned updates to add stuff to the shop. I'm just wondering if (other than the sonar) there is currently any use for gold. Seems odd to have a free game with IAP currency as a revenue model, yet launch it with very little reason to purchase the IAP currency. Am I just overlooking something?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent