Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Default Tesla's electric mist

Tesla's Electric Mist just went live on the AppStore. It's now available for purchase.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teslas-electric-mist/id568809196?mt=8

Tesla's Electric Mist is a point and click adventure game revolving around the mysterious Nikola Tesla, a time traveling device he invented, and a big experiment gone wrong for the citizens of Colorado Springs in the late 1800's.

Here's the new official trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

In the game, you are the hero. Your family has a history with the great Nikola Tesla, inventor of the radio, alternating current, and patent holder of hundreds of electrical inventions. Your great-great-grandfather worked for Tesla in Colorado Springs around the turn of the century. A family secret has been passed down over the generations since then, that some day Tesla would need your family's help once more. What this means, no one in your family really knows. But the time has come, and you will be the one to answer the call.

Using a time traveling device invented by Tesla, you will travel back in time to Colorado Springs. And only you will have it in your power to save the people of Colorado Springs, and in fact, Tesla himself, from an experiment gone terribly wrong.

Like us Facebook or follow us on Twitter:
http://www.facebook.com/TeslasElectricMist
http://twitter.com/iCOOLgeeks

For Inquiries Regarding Reviews you can reach us via email us at (consult "at" icoolgeeks dot com).

Features:
  • The classic point and click adventure game re-imagined for touch devices
  • Elegant artwork in every scene
  • A story line that draws you into the mystery
  • Almost 200 scenes with dozens of puzzles that build upon each other
  • Beautiful soundtrack and sound effects
  • In-game hint guide, for those tough to beat puzzles
  • A dynamic map that keeps track of your progress
  • Important clues you come across are recorded automatically in your trusty notepad
  • Professionally translated into several languages - with more to come
  • Currently available for iOS - Android, Kindle Fire, and Nook versions to be out soon.

This family friendly game is a joy to play for individuals of all ages.

For Inquiries Regarding Reviews you can reach us via email us at (consult "at" icoolgeeks dot com).
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Default App of the Day on AppAdvice - and FREE PROMO's

Tesla's Electric Mist got named as one of the apps of the day on AppAdvice today!
Today's Best Apps: Poker Knight, Tesla's Electric Mist And More
Out of thousands of new daily apps approved by apple, they pick three each day as their apps of the day. Thought it was worth sharing.

And thanks to any of you who have already downloaded it, I really appreciate it.

I'll be posting some free promo codes today.
Just Private Message me, and it goes without saying that I would expect an honest and timely review in return. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:56 PM

I just created a $100 iTunes Gift Card contest for reviewing Tesla's Electric Mist.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=168638

So, anyone who does a review and posts it to that contest qualifies for the drawing.
Also, additional entries can be had for creating a youtube video.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I have played this game for about half and hour and I am really enjoying it! I will certainly post a review once I am done. In any case, if you are on the fence, don't hesitate to get this.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the code. It's a fun point-click adventure game. There are objects you pick up along the way to open doors, solve puzzles, etc. Clues are written down automatically in a notebook. I didn't realize it at first, but the notebook also contains a map and hint button. The map is nice to see where you've been and how to get back, and the hints are grayed out/faded behind a bar a bit so you can't easily read them unless you open them. Nice touch.

I'm into the second chapter - it's moving along well, with puzzles that aren't too difficult to solve. It's an enjoyable game. I'd say if you're a fan of the genre, it's certainly seems to be a solid choice - and the gift card contest is an added incentive to download this soon.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Default Was going great and then....

Game was going great, then the cattle prod wouldn't work whe it was supposed to and I couldn't move on, I turned off the game and went back to it later. It opened in present day but I had all my inventory from 1899.

I reset the game and started all over, this time the cattle prod worked as it should, but after I used the axe, a box with a small picture of the axe and scene, stayed on the screen and I had to shut the game down to fix it. I am enjoying the game despite the problems that I have faced.

My son had the exact same cattle prod problem on his iPad ( we're both on original iPads), so maybe it's related to that.. Who knows... Thought I would share, see if anyone else has had these issues.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessie13 View Post
Game was going great, then the cattle prod wouldn't work where it was supposed to and I couldn't move on...
This is a known bug, that can be caused by two separate issues. If the user opens the music box before using the cattle prod on this door, then the cattle prod doesn't work. So, do the cattle prod thing before trying to open the music box to avoid this issue.
Second, is if the back arrow is hit during some of the animation sequences like this one where the cattle prod is used, it can also cause a glitch where it thinks it did its thing, but it didn't and won't let you move forward.
We have a fix in for both these issues on the next release.
But in the mean time, anyone running into these, the only fix currently is to reset the game. The reset can be found in the OPTIONS screen.

Quote:
I turned off the game and went back to it later. It opened in present day but I had all my inventory from 1899.
I've seen this one other time when the game was reset, but the reset didn't work completely. We're still researching this one. Current work around, is to just do a second reset.

Quote:
after I used the axe, a box with a small picture of the axe and scene, stayed on the screen and I had to shut the game down to fix it.
This is a new bug, I'll submit it to our bug list and see if we can get the fix into the next release.

Thanks for playing the game, and being patient on some of the bugs being discovered in our 1.0 release. We're planning on submitting the next update tonight, so it will be available as soon as we can get it approved through Apple (current rate is about 7-8 days).
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 AM

great project I must play it I never sow best game
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM

Tesla's Electric Mist got a write up in a weekly article by Eric Pankoke over at TouchMyApps called "10 New App Store Games To Watch".

I encourage you to read the whole article, but it doesn't look like it's letting me post the link, so here are some highlights about our game from the article:
Quote:
I got the opportunity to help beta test this game, and I was so excited to see it finally come out. Teslaís Electric Mist involves time travelling and an experiment gone wrong..., the crux of many a good science fiction story.
There is plenty of challenge, but youíll never feel like youíve really gotten stuck anywhere. The graphics are among the best Iíve seen in an iOS adventure game, and thereís enough to do that youíll never get bored... this is one top notch product.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Tesla's Electric Mist is now also available on the Amazon App Store as well, which means it's available on Android and Kindle Fire now.

Here's the link: Tesla's Electric Mist on Amazon

Make sure to leave us a review if you get it.