★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: JoubleDump
  • Genre: Trivia
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Take a trip through gaming history with VIDEOGAMES! THE VIDEOGAME TRIVIA VIDEOGAME, powered by Giant Bomb.

Examine randomly selected screenshots, themes, concepts, characters, locations, and more to identify each game.

Content updated daily courtesy of wiki contributions by the Giant Bomb staff and community.

Test your friends with Challenge URLs to see if they can best your score given the same clues you had.

Build custom cabinets to test your wits on your favorite platforms, genres, time periods, and more.

Please note: An Internet connection is required due to content coming fresh from Giant Bomb each round.

Questions? Comments? Looking for a challenge? Let me know! @JoubleDumpKevin on Twitter
12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
....so this is about old games...would be better with a last 10 years mode or each console.
12-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi! I made this. You can create custom cabinets with any platforms/eras/genres etc. that you wish. Only the default cabinet contains all possible games.
12-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Looks fun. Have you an iPad version planned?
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM
We do! In a month we're releasing the boss battles update with a couple feature requests from the GB community, and then it will go universal in the next patch after that. Currently it does scale up very nicely on Retina iPads, but not so much on my iPad 2.
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Game Impressions

Been playing this one a lot last night. For a Video Game Geek like myself it's really an excellent thing!

Fully customisable questions so you can remove or limit it to certain platforms, eras or even genres. Really well done interface (with iPhone 5 support) and I'm interested to see how it pans out with the supposedly dynamic content being fed in with new questions all the time.

All in all it's excellent with some really obscure and tough games to identify. I've already learnt a thing or two and found a couple of iPad re-releases of old PC games that look very interesting, so Apple should really be paying this dev for the covert viral advertising!

Great job - very highly recommended 5/5 from me!

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com