Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Default A video teaser of my game... Feedback is welcome

I'm still trying to cut a proper trailer. The video is choppy and there's no sound because i screwed up the settings on my screen recorder. I assure you, it runs like butter on the device.

I just need to integrate social networking and make some gameplay tweaks.

There's 24 achievements. And earning achievements upgrades your plane in various ways. Of course there's a top score board, as well as best distance and longest flight-time. The goal is to fly as far and fast as possible.

It started off as an endless runner and a kirby-canvas-curse spin off. Turns out a plane worked better. My goal was to make a game that can be picked up and played in under 90 seconds.

Other weather conditions include night mode and rain, they just don't show up in this particular play-through. I will likely make the game free to play with IAP at $0.99. The free model will kill fuel refills after 75 seconds and restrict the number of achievements, as well as the ability to upgrade your plane.

I appreciate any feedback or comments.

http://youtu.be/v3yTcVyYnXA

Last edited by Stafaa; 12-06-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Hello,

Looks interesting. Here's a list of what I like/dislike:

-I am not a fan of the background

-There is no sound in your video so it is really hard to watch it

-There are already a lot of games on the appstore that have exactly the same gameplay so maybe try to bring something new on the table

-The camera movement is cool with the little "smooth move" thing it is pretty sweet

-I think you should try to put your game free with ads with an iap that remove ads

-Your video is not a teaser but a gameplay video.

I hope this help!

(And sorry if it sound harsh, I just want to make the shortest message possible with what I think you could improve).

Last edited by DomAjean; 12-10-2012 at 06:49 AM..
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 AM
iPad, iOS 1.x

Default Reply

Good attempt.Carry on your work.You wiil be abled to get more and more.
Regards
helen
[url=http://www.nitrotek.dk/] Nitrotek[/url]
Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I kinda like the games background, but the game feels kinda empty at the moment. The game is called scribbleflight, but there isnt enough graphics/assets to convey the theme and concept of the game, if that makes any sense. But this might be really early on in the games development and I just look like a fool for telling you to add graphics to an early build.
I believe there is alot of potential in your graphics, if it gets a little more love it could turn out to be a pretty cozy and neat experiance.
And you should perhaps consider making the fuel gage a bar instead of a number, it would make it so much more easy to read.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I like the concept. I agree with the fuel gauge comment; a visual bar would be better. Is there a way to die other than running out of fuel or hitting the ground? Having some antagonists to avoid (or shoot) might make it a little more interesting.

Good luck!