The Big QuickShooter High Score Contest! Original Art, T-Shirts, and Giftcards!
Hey everyone! We are Spotkin and the developers of the iOS game "Quick Shooter!" To celebrate our most recent update to [URL="http://bit.ly/YFVLvD"]Quick Shooter[/URL] we wanted to give a little back and run a contest for the TA community!
We hope this is fun and challenging!
About our game:
[URL="http://bit.ly/YFVLvD"]Quick Shooter[/URL] is a free to download reaction game set in the Old West. Itís high noon in the town on Bitter Springs, which means itís time for the annual Quick Shooter Tournament! Be faster than your opponent as you try to set the highest score of the tournament. Face off against a cast of fully 3D animated characters ranging from the bumbling Mosquito Joe to the Dastardly Deadeye Dan. Keep up your lightning quick speed to shoot bonuses, get perfect draws, and set a higher score than your friends!Goal:
Highest score of the "Classic" mode wins! We will pick highest 15 scores submitted to award prizes too!How to Participate:
- Download "[URL="http://bit.ly/YFVLvD"]Quick Shooter[/URL]" (Free) from the [URL="http://bit.ly/YFVLvD"]iTunes App store[/URL] on your iOS device! It is free to download.
- Create an account on our [URL="http://spotkin.com/register/"]Spotkin Network[/URL]! This can be done quickly in the game with an email address or Facebook account. We ask you to do this if you wish to participate in the contest so we can verify the accuracy of your score and create a fair environment for all.
- Play the game! The contest will be held in Classic mode. The very first time you play classic mode it will be in a "tutorial" version to show you the ropes.
- Make your real effort on the second game of classic mode and beyond! Try to get the highest score possible score in the classic mode.
- Once you get achieve a score you are proud of, please submit your name and your score on our Quick Shooter [URL="http://spotkin.com/forum/board/quickshooter/topic/ta-quickshooter-contest-results-thread-post-your-high-scores-here"]forum thread[/URL] here! If you have signed up with the Spotkin Network already in the game you automatically have a forum account (same network). No need to sign up twice!
The contest starts on Friday 12/7/2012 and will run through Friday 12/13/2012 3:00PM PST! We will verify the highest scores by comparing the forum posts and the Spotkin Network leaderboard and pick the winners shortly after the closing of the contest.
1st Place: $100 iTunes Gift Card, QuickShooter TShirt, Signed Character Artwork
2nd Place: $50 iTunes Gift Card, QS Tshirt, Signed Character Artwork
3rd Place: $25 iTunes Gift Card, QS Tshirt, Signed Character Artwork
4th: TShirt, Character Artwork
5th: Tshirt, Character Artwork
6th: Tshirt, Character Artwork
7th to 15th: Quick Shooter Tshirts!
(Character artwork is 8x11 original prints that are on mountable foam core. Originally done for our office! Only two sets were made.)
- We try to start every player out with a generous heaping of coins to buy powerups. If you run out you can earn coins by playing the game and completing rounds.
- Use powerups! They aren't necessary to get a high score, but they definitely help.
- If you land the draw meter in the perfect draw zone you get a 1.5x modifer! Sometimes it is better to get a more accurate draw than a super quick draw. Of course, doing both is the best...
- If you look closely, you will notice objects around the levels with a subtle golden outline! These are bonuses that can be shot first to improve a round score. If you want a lot of points, try to shoot as many of these before shooting your competitor! Don't wait too long though, or they will shoot you first.
- Classic mode is only 18 rounds long (or until you get three strikes and kicked out!). The little details like bonuses, and perfect draw will help set your score apart from others playing the same 18 rounds.
When you create a Spotkin Network account, it will log you in and email you a welcome letter to the email address provided. In the welcome letter it includes details for how to change your username, create a password, and update your account info.Important Links:
QuickShooter does support GameCenter! However, we kindly ask you to use the Spotkin Network if you wish to participate in the contest simply so we can verify the scores and create a fair environment for all players.
Scores Thread @ Spotkin Network: [URL="http://bit.ly/VsQ6kN"]http://bit.ly/VsQ6kN[/URL]Thanks again everyone for your continued support! We hope you enjoy our small, indie-made, quick reaction game as much as we enjoyed making it!
Direct Download Link on the iTunes Store: [URL="http://bit.ly/WDmE28"]http://bit.ly/WDmE28[/URL]
More info about the game: [URL="http://quickshooter.com/"]http://quickshooter.com/[/URL]
More info about the devs: [URL="http://spotkin.com/"]http://spotkin.com/[/URL]
Our Facebook Page: [URL="https://www.facebook.com/quickshooter"]https://www.facebook.com/quickshooter[/URL]
Our Twitter Account: [URL="https://twitter.com/spotkin"]@spotkin[/URL]
We will be watching both TA & Spotkin Network and trying to answer any questions ASAP!
** Important Disclaimer: This contest is not run by or affiliated with Touch Arcade or its editorial staff **
** Second important disclaimer: We do run banner and interstitial ads in the free version! We are a small shop (6 guys) and it is how we pay our rent. There is an IAP that removes the ads, give you 2,500 coins for powerups, and gives you a special golden-gun as a thank you for your support! **