Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 AM

Default Majesty: The Northern Expansion. Grab the game for just 99c!

Hankering for a new adventure and hordes of enemies to destroy ? Then you need to head to the North lands battling with Stone Golems and Fire Breathing Dragons! Majesty: The Northern Expansion - the new story in the legendary indirect control strategy!

AppStore:
Full: https://itunes.apple.com/app/majesty-northern-expansion/id577053259
Lite: https://itunes.apple.com/app/majesty-northern-expansion/id581490167
Screenshots:

Official Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Game Features:
- New missions and new location – Northern Lands
- Legendary indirect control strategy totally adapted for mobile platforms
- 10 types of hero with dozens of statistics, weapons and armour
- New monsters
- Several dozen spells
- 30 upgradeable building types
- Changeable weather
- Skirmish mode

HeroCraft:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/herocraft
YouTube: http://youtube.com/herocraft
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/herocraft.games

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-16-2012 at 10:42 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Ok, bought.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Majesty enthusiasts of yore are going to buy this (and this) regardless. And you durned well should! Be warned, though: Rangers and Wizard have even less sense of self-preservation than in the desktop versions. Both will gladly go exploring without healing potions and less than 50% health, Wizards like to stare death down the gullet by going into close quarters combat with trolls who can kill them in one swing, Rangers take on war parties of goblins without fleeing (even though they miss every other shot, the goblins hit more than 75% of attacks, and one single goblins striking that often would be enough to kill the Ranger), and both will flee when at full health from very weak enemies across miles of wilderness, their pursuer whittling away at their hit points by striking as it runs after, until it defeats a hero that could have killed it in one fireblast.

(Warriors, as a contrast, rarely ever die. I often loose 15-20 (!, yep, no hyperbole) Rangers/Wizards before a single Warrior dies, making the two former extremely bad investments, in spite of the destructive power of Wizards, and charming redundancy and purposelessness of Rangers. And once the more advanced heroes start rambling and stomping across the fields of the dead, dying and bitterly struggling to live, Rangers and Wizards become even less viable.)

So, the AI will have you wishing for a Windows emulator and proper version of the original Majesty on yer iPhone. But you'll probably love this regardless.

For the rest of ye, the indirect control principle of Majesty (you don't direct units to move or attack specific targets, but instead motivate your autonomous heroes with reward flags, money they can spend in your stores and thus contribute to the small ecosystem of your city) make this one of the most approachable, accessible and controllable RTS titles for iOS, without sacrificing depth. If you can spare a dollar in spite of the Universal launch of Autumn Dynasty tomorrow, I doubt the Majesty games will leave any RTS fans dissatisfied.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Default Done and done

Love this friggin series. Played the skirmish mode on the first iPad version and happy to see it on this version. This and Baldur's Gate have made me a happy man.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post

For the rest of ye, the indirect control principle of Majesty (you don't direct units to move or attack specific targets, but instead motivate your autonomous heroes with reward flags, money they can spend in your stores and thus contribute to the small ecosystem of your city) make this one of the most approachable, accessible and controllable RTS titles for iOS, without sacrificing depth. If you can spare a dollar in spite of the Universal launch of Autumn Dynasty tomorrow, I doubt the Majesty games will leave any RTS fans dissatisfied.

Just bought both version, only played a few games and I started suspecting that warriors were seriously overpowered and I was glad to confirm it, and thank you for mentioning that autumn dysnasty universal comes out tomorrow, I have been waiting for a while and shall not burn my credit away tonight!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNexus View Post
Just bought both version, only played a few games and I started suspecting that warriors were seriously overpowered and I was glad to confirm it, and thank you for mentioning that autumn dysnasty universal comes out tomorrow, I have been waiting for a while and shall not burn my credit away tonight!
Say rather that Wizards and Rangers are underpowered thanks to their behaviour and AI. But yeah, the practical effect is just the same (until the second-tier heroes make an entrance, upon which most of the game seems balanced).

And yeah, yet again, I cannot imagine a better time to be a fan of iOS RTS games than today and tomorrow
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

i love this series! instabuy for me.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Instabuy
Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
(until the second-tier heroes make an entrance, upon which most of the game seems balanced
What do you mean by this? I tried to play the first game and could not get over how dumb the rangers and wizards acted in regardless to not running away or learning new spells.

By 2 tier do you mean that when you upgrade the wizards and rangers places to lvl 2 and 3 they preform better? Rather then just dying instantly.