Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Santa Hates You (but loves me) [iPhone]

Hi all,
wanted to drop a note about a new app I developed that is available immediately called Santa Hates You (but loves me). It's a silly little app with one main button ("Give me a Present") and if you know "how to ask nicely", then you'll get good presents, like a bag of money or a plate of cookies. If you don't know how to ask nicely, you'll get something more like a bag of socks or steaming pile of poo.

The trick is that there's a special thing that you do before you hit the button each time, and then you get the good presents. Your friend doesn't know this, so as you show him the app, you tell him, "Santa hates you, but he loves me" -- because you always get the good presents, and he never does.

We've got some great hand-drawn illustrations and animations and it's been very well received so far from people who have seen it. It'll be free through this Friday the 14th, and then $0.99 after that.

It was built over the last month (from idea to finished product) using Unity 3D. The artist was a student, but the other 3 people involved are professionals working in the game/mobile industry.

This is what happens when you don't know how to ask nicely:

And here's our official release trailer:

Anyway, thanks for giving it a look and grab it today while it's still free if you're interested in it at all. It runs great on the iPhone 3GS and everything newer. It has a few issues with the iPad 1/2/mini, but I'm submitting a fix for that today (along with a few new presents and better randomization).

-Greg / unseenthings

Last edited by unseenthings; 12-12-2012 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: I can't believe I forgot the link...
Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Is there a link as I can't find it on the store ?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
UGH. Sorry, I guess I got a little ahead of myself. I've corrected the original post to put the link and TA app info in there. Thanks!

You should also be able to find it if you search for "santa hates" in the app store, though it may not be everywhere yet (should be, though).

Last edited by unseenthings; 12-12-2012 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Clarifcation and removal of duplicate info
Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Did you have a chance to check it out yet? A lot of people are enjoying it. One guy had his 12 year old "practically in tears" until he showed him the trick and another guy tormented his wife for 20 minutes. Anybody playing with it here?

I just sent in a 1.1 update to Apple last night that should fix display issues on a handful of devices (iPad 1/2/mini and iPod Touch, 3rd Gen) as well as adding a few new presents (2 bad, 1 good).
Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 AM

Beautiful graphics with cute santa
Press the button and see what the santa brings you gift
Fun with friends.
Check this out.HAHA
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Update is out! (and some codes)

Thanks, nerdherd!

My 1.1 update hit the app store this week, and people are having a great time tricking their friends/family/kids (and even a whole bar, in one instance, apparently) -- the new update brings better presents (2 new bad ones, one new good one) and less repeats.

In the spirit of the holidays and tricking your friends, here are a few promo codes since the app is $0.99 now.

7A9KLKKJYNHP
XFRR74P9KREY
TX79A79XTX76

If these are used, but you've got more than 500 posts to your credit and would like one, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. I hate to qualify that, especially since I don't have a lot of posts, but I see some people in the "free promo codes" subforum who ONLY have a couple dozen posts, and they're all "yes, I'd like a free code" -- and I guess since I'm giving them away and nobody is paying much attention to my app anyway, I shouldn't frustrate anybody too much.

I want people to use it and enjoy it, not just acquire another "notch on their belt" with an app they won't use. So give it a look, and if you're interested, send me a PM.

Thanks!