★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Santa's Slippery Slope (physics based skiing game)

12-14-2012, 12:30 PM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
Santa's Slippery Slope (physics based skiing game)

Hey guys, i'm 19 years old, self taught, and this is my second entirely self developed game! Dropping on Dec 20th. Let me know what you think

App Store Description:

**Universal App**

Twas the night before Christmas Eve and Santa was testing his new sleigh! One wrong move sent presents flying, what an awful day! Help Santa find all the presents and save Christmas before it's too late!

Join Santa in this exciting physics-based journey on the slopes to get back all of the lost presents in the quickest time possible!

Features:

Realistic physics give you precise control over skiing Santa.

Awesome ragdoll bails!

Intuitive controls allow anyone to pick up and play, but require dedication to master!

30 exciting and unique levels, with challenging hills, jumps, and physics based obstacles!

Every 5th level is a special high jump or long jump challenge!

Turn off the audio or music separately to play in silence or rock out to your own tunes!

Adjustable controls for left or right handed players.

More levels coming soon!

Video:


In case the embedded video doesn't work for whatever reason:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIrXqElTFAo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenIphone5-1.png
Views:	2
Size:	759.5 KB
ID:	50789   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenIphone5-2.png
Views:	1
Size:	719.1 KB
ID:	50790   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenIphone5-3.png
Views:	1
Size:	632.4 KB
ID:	50791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenIphone5-4.png
Views:	1
Size:	711.7 KB
ID:	50792   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenIphone5-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	50793  

Last edited by Hondune; 12-15-2012 at 08:39 AM.
12-14-2012, 12:35 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: bay area - norcal
Posts: 93
Geez a 15 year old with save goop and then you !!! hehe just kidding. I'm amazed and inspired that someone so young can make some awesome games

Do you have a dev blog? I'm very interested on how you made your game, what challenges you faced, etc.

Goodluck with the game !

12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
15 years old? I hadnt even started at that age! That kids gotta have a bright future ahead of him

Unfortunately i dont have a dev blog, i keep thinking about setting one up, but im not sure the amount of people who would read it would make it worth the time taken away from working on my games. So i never got around to it haha. Thanks for the comment!
12-14-2012, 12:43 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: bay area - norcal
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondune View Post
15 years old? I hadnt even started at that age! That kids gotta have a bright future ahead of him

Unfortunately i dont have a dev blog, i keep thinking about setting one up, but im not sure the amount of people who would read it would make it worth the time taken away from working on my games. So i never got around to it haha. Thanks for the comment!
Yes, there was a thread maybe a week or so back with his save goop. I understand about not having the time to make a blog as you're focused on your game ^_^

If you don't mind can I send you a pm then (not right now but maybe in the future questions regarding game development.).
12-14-2012, 12:44 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
What is the gameplay like?
12-14-2012, 12:55 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Nice. After truck trials ill pick this up as soon as its available.
12-14-2012, 01:12 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeyflip View Post
Yes, there was a thread maybe a week or so back with his save goop. I understand about not having the time to make a blog as you're focused on your game ^_^

If you don't mind can I send you a pm then (not right now but maybe in the future questions regarding game development.).
Sure thing! I believe TouchArcade sends me an email when i get PMs so i should reply whenever you have questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
What is the gameplay like?
I added a direct link to the youtube video in the original post, the embedded video seams to be broken currently (probably still processing on youtube). Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Nice. After truck trials ill pick this up as soon as its available.
Glad to see you here man
12-14-2012, 03:07 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Just watched the trailer and I'm liking the look of this. I love physics based stuff
So we have to wait until the 20th when does the App Store shut for the holidays isn't it around then.
12-14-2012, 06:47 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Just watched the trailer and I'm liking the look of this. I love physics based stuff
So we have to wait until the 20th when does the App Store shut for the holidays isn't it around then.
I'm not entirely sure actually, I hope it's after the 20th. However if it is before then I can bump up the relase date, shouldn't be a problem

EDIT: fixed the embedded youtube link. Accidentally put the entire url rather than just the video id, my bad.

Last edited by Hondune; 12-15-2012 at 08:41 AM.
12-15-2012, 02:25 PM
#10
Looks good I love the sound effects and the dopey looking Santa. I would've like to see it named "Drunk Santa's Slippery Slope" cause he looks wasted.