Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Default Sidius Nova

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-16-2012 at 12:23 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchArcade Bot View Post
Fake?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Yeah...noticed rhis game and started the thread...has anyone tried this? What with my limited device space, I haven't had a chance; I figure someone will TOFTT considering the price
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Saw this on Kotaku and the app reviews looks good. Sounds like its a 4x lite. :-)
Haven't tried it yet..but I'll try it later tonight...
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

It's a combination of a sort of board game for moving units around and making new ones from the resources you get from the planets you've claimed and the actual battles are basically like Plants vs Zombies.

I'm not really sure what verdict to give it yet. I definitely wouldn't call it a 4x though, lite or otherwise. It's based around explicit missions and the research you do is done from the main menu and is just a matter of unlocking features that you'd always have access to later rather than something you have to budget on the fly.

I do like the fact that it adds another layer on top of the often-tread battle system.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm finding this quite fun so far.
The AI needs improving though - the enemy just attacked a group of my units (which only contained a fighter) with their mothership (which cannot attack). It was quite a wait, watching the fighter slowly chip away at the mothership's health, but unsurprisingly the fighter won...
In battles with normal amounts of ships the AI behaves sensibly though.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 PM

This game is amazing and addictive. Amazing soundtrack. Easy to pick up gameplay that becomes more complex as you unlock more ship options.

You could call it a 4x lite because it definetly has the explore expand exploit exterminate. But simplified for portable play. Resource gathering and production is consolidated into a single mobile unit (but later in the game your mother ship can be in more than one place at once with the use of warp gates). You are also limited to 3 moves a turn which adds some tough decisions to the grand strategy.

The actual battles are a lane RTS where you deploy your various ships in one of five lanes. Each ship type is on a timer a la PvZ. At first you only have 3 ship types that are in a rock paper scissors interaction. But more ship types can be unlocked that break out of this chain.

The visual style, sound effects, and interface are all well polished. But the real standout is the soundtrack - it's worth playing just for the soundtrack. Haunting and epic. Reminds me of inception a bit.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

^
Yeah..I'm not a big 4x person but I see some simplified signs of it. You explore and gather resources (using a simplified system). You build different types of ships and can split up your fleet. The combat feels like these "castle defense" games (like Lengendary Wars) with multiple lanes.

There's more ships and other things to unlock via in game credits you earn, whether you win or lose. There's no IAP at all, even for the normal shortcut impatient variety. For me, the best thing is each game is so short (5-10 minutes for my games) that I don't mind losing and not feel like having "wasted" a bunch of time.

The only thing I wish is a fast forward button on the battle screen, especially when I know I'm going to lose. Otherwise..fun game! I'm not a big fan of 4x games, but this is one of the few that I really enjoy and want to try another game after I Irish the current one, win or lose. Especially for a free game, no reason not to give it a try! :-)

Last edited by tops2; 12-15-2012 at 11:49 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 12:16 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 AM

Such a great game. Wonder why it's free? Would have been happy to throw them a dollar.