App description: Free version

The critically acclaimed classic retro adventure Fur Fighters comes to iOS.

When nature calls, shoot it!

Introducing the Fur Fighters, an elite squad of six animated animal commandos on a quest to rescue their families and save the free world!

The malevolent fat-cat General Viggo has kidnapped the Fur Fighters families and mutated them for his own fiendish ends. Now its up to you, playing as all six animal liberators, to knock the fluff out of Viggos army of dimwitted bears, save your babies and rescue the planet from the claws of evil.

Part action shooter, part mind wrecking puzzler, all attitude!
Featuring over 30 challenging levels and 20 devastating weapons.
Play as all six of the Fur Fighters using their individual special skills to solve puzzles and obliterate the bad guys.
A raging romp through fiendish feline conspiracies and blazing animal combat.

Developed by original members of the Bizarre Creations development team.

What they said about the original:

A wonderful, whimsical personality radiates from the lavishly detailed characters and surroundings. - IGN

Nothing short of Epic - Spank

Not only is it full of flashy graphics, great music and loads of action, it's actually full of wonderfully intuitive fun. - Dreamcast.net

Solid characters, cool environments, tight control, and a funny storyline, Fur Fighters comes highly recommended. - GamePro
12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Any good?
Yes its good, at first the camera controls were a pain but that was fixed in an update so it now plays really good. The game style reminds me of Conquer and other adventure platformers made by Rare.

Its a port of a Dreamcast game if I recall correctly ( not sure really) it has nice visuals, several playable characters and a good amount of content.

P.S. I dont now about the free version's limitations or paywall, im speaking about the paid one.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion

12-18-2012, 06:07 AM
Wow, I did not expect to ever hear anything about this game ever again. I played the heck out of the PS2 port. From what I've played, it plays just like the original. The controls are simple enough that the standard touchscreen shooter controls work fine. I'm so happy to be able to play this game again, on a mobile device no less.

Game Center: Jenohart
12-18-2012, 06:19 AM
The paid version is definitely worth getting. The controls were a little wonky when it first came out, but the updates made it much better. It's still got some frustratingly difficult parts, but so did the original version.
12-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Now I want conkers bad fur day
That would be EPIC...