★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: All the action and excitement of the original online game is here, casting you as the plucky Gunner in an all-new story that takes her to the farthest reaches of the world!

- This unique story is only available in Dungeon Fighter Gunner!
In the peace following Baron and Mari's escape from the evil Siroko, young Mila struggles with her own curse.
Although Kiri was overprotective of Mila because of Siroko's curse, Mila chose to travel with the mysterious Silin, a young man who fell from Empyrean.

- The story unfolds around Empyrean and the Citadel.
This is your chance to explore Empyrean and the Citadel, two high-level areas from DFO!
Test your skills against the brand new monsters that await you.

- Specialize your character with one of four Gunner subclasses!
Similar to DFO, the class advancement system allows you to specialize as a Ranger, Launcher, Mechanic, or Spitfire, and even learn the devastating Awakening skills of each!
Your character can grow just as powerful as those in Dungeon Fighter Online!

- New systems unique to Dungeon Fighter Gunner extends the game as long as you want.
The new Labyrinth system drops you into a spawling, unmapped dungeon to fight the unknown beasts within. Can you find the wily Thief Goblin and claim his incredible treasures? In addition, special Chaos Dungeons provide an all-new way to find rare items and equipment.

Sanuku's comments:

12-18-2012, 04:22 PM
So they taken a popular web game into a not so great mobile game again.

12-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
I stopped playing nexon after they committed borderline fraud and all sorts of nasties with "maplestory live!"...

They are only on apple to get rich quick and don't give a care for customer support.

Never did get a response to ANY of my customer support queries and I was allways polite.

I remember this company being one of the few in a lot of years that actually made me want to push apple for a refund (and there haven't been many of those as I can count them on one hand). They are the only company on my blacklist that actually committed an actual scam with my purchase, No kidding.

If you don't speak their language, they won't bother to help you. It really is that simple.
These guys are jokers, don't bother with this.
12-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
I stopped playing nexon after they committed borderline fraud and all sorts of nasties with "maplestory live!"...

They are the only company on my blacklist that actually committed an actual scam with my purchase, No kidding. The others just screwed up but these people are in a whole different league of badness on their own

What was the scam? Color me intrigued!

I have a couple of the MStory games but never a bug fan of them, also got combat arms but it really didnt clicked with me. Not a big fan of their games, some of them have potential but seem like wasted oportunities.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Well I have played Maple Story for a long time when I was younger, and customer support was really awful. Had to stop though, since one does not play MMORPG with 18 years at his back.

This game (Dungeon Fighter Gunner) looks nice, however I've stopped playing all sorts of RGP-like games, since it takes a really lot of time, nowadays I play only puzzles or games which require some sort of skill to win.
12-18-2012, 05:58 PM
This game, compared to the MMO it's based on, is a smear on the shadow of its former self.

Gone is the classic beat-em-up style combo system, with hot bars used instead. Gone is the silky-smooth frame rate, in favor of cheap-looking sprite animations. But don't worry, there is now walls and walls and WALLS of text to mindlessly tap through in some mind-numbingly standard KRPG fare that makes me RRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

If you can't tell, I freaking hate this game, because I played Dungeon Fighter Online when it came out and loved the hell out of it, and this... THING... Is nowhere even close to its older sibling.

In short, if you enjoyed the MMO, this game will make you want to scratch your eyeballs out. Yes, I think it's that bad. If you haven't played the MMO, this game will feel like any standard KRPG schlock that currently gluts the App Store.

One out of five stars from me, because of how HUGE a betrayal this game is to me as someone who casually enjoyed the original DFO. Go play DFO on the PC, and never. EVER. Speak of this to me again.

Mr. Album
12-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Seems to blend bland krpg mechanics with poorly controlled final fight sidescrolling! Woo?!

This feels too cheaply made to take seriously.
12-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to wumingmaster
The PC version is 95/100.
But the iOs version is 15/100.
12-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I won't be buying a Nexon game again. Even if the game is free I refuse to play anything by that company. Cave Crawlers was one of my favourite games but it was constantly crashing and freezing. loads of reviews saying please fix and they until today ignore it all. And Maple Story I have absolute no comment!