Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM

Default Haypi Monster

Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

As you can see from the user rating, this game is amazing, probably the best pokemonish game to ever come out on the AppStore so far, so many tried but their artwork compared to pokemon has just been really bad. But this game has amazing artwork that are on pair with pokemon, it just came out a week ago! All you pokemon lovers must give it a chance ! It isnt limited either, you can play all day all night! Happy new years!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm going to give it a shot, I'll give my impression in a bit.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Yea it just came out yet there's 600+ ratings and all 5's mostly but there's same reviewers and titles labeled crappy like GF. So yea I wouldn't try it. Give real reviewers a chance to review it and stop false reviews.
Oh what is it with you and all the hate? false reviews? It's my opinion, just because you sit behind a computer doesnt mean you dont need to have some manners. I as a pokemon lover ever since I played the first ones on gameboy have been searching for a good pokemon alike game, and this one is really fun. It's free and its my opinion that is a fun game. Reason why is has so many ratings could be because you are awarded with 2k coins if you just give it a rate, no one forced people to rate high... they could aswell rated 1 star.

I'm here to give those who love pokemon games something that might bring back that nostalgic feeling. But yeah be an ungreatful and non-reasonable person, please don't play this game, I would be happy to see one less rude person in the game.

Edit: Love how you edited the post right after
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Original impressions were changed greatly after another day of playing. Refer to this post for final impressions.

Last edited by Seil; 12-31-2012 at 11:27 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I see well, like i wrote before, there is the reason why i wanted to let people know about this game. Either way, most of what you said is accurate, but the part where you said you wont be playing because you have to pay that much to access to something, the monster that you get by being VIP is a electric monster that you see on the icon, pikachu like monster, he is terrible and no one uses him so it is not like you are buying power. You can go ask in the chat if you dont belive me. To get access to it, you need VIP1 only and it costs 2 dollar, for me its a reasonable price for a game you can play all day. But once again you are not forced to pay a dollar.

Not to mention, ALL other monsters, that is 106 in total are equally hard to get for everyone, you dont pay to get them. Too bad to hear that this game isnt for you, but saying as a collector you wont be playing this because there is 1 monster out of 106, which also isn't a overpowered ''vip'' monster, that cost 2 dollar. It's like hearing someone say everything should be free in life. If you like a game and plays it I can't see how supporting the developers is a bad thing. Its one monster and a 2 dollar price tag on that. But still the problem here isn't the price, it's how you make it sound.

I'm not here to fight with you at all, please understand. I just want to make it clear for others so they don't missunderstand what you wrote. Since you only played tops 20 mintues I can see how you interpreted it like that.

Note: If sanuku you see this, feel free to delete this thread if you decides to make a gameplay of this and post your own
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czone View Post
I see well, like i wrote before, there is the reason why i wanted to let people know about this game. Either way, most of what you said is accurate, but the part where you said you wont be playing because you have to pay that much to access to something, the monster that you get by being VIP is a electric monster that you see on the icon, pikachu like monster, he is terrible and no one uses him so it is not like you are buying power. You can go ask in the chat if you dont belive me. To get access to it, you need VIP1 only and it costs 2 dollar, for me its a reasonable price for a game you can play all day. But once again you are not forced to pay a dollar.

Not to mention, ALL other monsters, that is 106 in total are equally hard to get for everyone, you dont pay to get them. Too bad to hear that this game isnt for you, but saying as a collector you wont be playing this because there is 1 monster out of 106, which also isn't a overpowered ''vip'' monster, that cost 2 dollar. It's like hearing someone say everything should be free in life. If you like a game and plays it I can't see how supporting the developers is a bad thing. Its one monster and a 2 dollar price tag on that. But still the problem here isn't the price, it's how you make it sound.

I'm not here to fight with you at all, please understand. I just want to make it clear for others so they don't missunderstand what you wrote. Since you only played tops 20 mintues I can see how you interpreted it like that.

Note: If sanuku you see this, feel free to delete this thread if you decides to make a gameplay of this and post your own
Aha! Okay. They need to make their interface cleaner. It's clear there are multiple tiers of VIP, so when in the VIP interface it has the monster next to the number 7, it gives the wrong message. Now I realize it's a list of what is unlocked at the first level. I knew VIP 5 would cost around $100, so that's where my number came from.

Anyway, the monster is obtained at VIP 1 which requires the purchase of 10 coins, a much more acceptable price. Under the assumption that everything else is obtainable for free, I take back my previous comments and will invest some more time to determine whether I will stick with it or not.

Edit: I also played longer than 20 minutes, haha. And I'm a supporter of proper pricing of games(I've discussed this on another thread) I prefer higher pricing for full featured games rather than everything being $0.99 or free with IAP because I'm actually fond of the game industry and dislike the direction it's been going thanks to App Store pricing trends. So a couple bucks doesn't bother me, outrageous amounts like what I mistakenly assumed here, on the other hand lol...

Last edited by Seil; 12-30-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
Aha! Okay. They need to make their interface cleaner. It's clear there are multiple tiers of VIP, so when in the VIP interface it has the monster next to the number 7, it gives the wrong message. I knew VIP 5 would cost around $100, so that's where my number came from.

Anyway, the monster is obtained at VIP 1 which requires the purchase of 10 coins, a much more acceptable price. Under the assumption that everything else is obtainable for free, I take back my previous comments and will invest some more time to determine whether I will stick with it or not.
Hehe, I understand what you mean. It's a bit messy atm, but the game is so new, hopefully they will do great updates/changes etc. Yeah if you are a collector you would love this game! Like you mentioned before, for a while now there has been a trend of card games that is ''free'' but if you want a chance of getting a good monster you have to pay 3 dollar to ''maybe'' get a rare. It's such a goldsink. But I've been playing non-stop now since a few day after launch and thats one fact that I love this game, that you have acess to all monsters/skills even without paying a dollar, well besides the pikachu-monster

I been here around toucharcade for a year now, I always go here to check threads on new good games. I know there are many pokemon-fans that would really enjoy this game and yet there was nothing mentioned about it here. That's why I decided to make an acc and let them know. It's a free game so I don't see how it hurts to try it out.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I'm not showing hate I'm just saying when I see a game I might wanna try and look at reviews and see 600+ reviews and most are repeated and don't make sense then I don't want to try it. I'm not saying the game itself is bad its just I wouldn't be shocked if this hits number one on top RPG or free apps.
Yeah I was going to stay away at first, too. But there was a slight nostalgia factor because I played Haypi Kingdom years ago so I decided to give it a go. It's worth giving a shot. If nothing else, the pricing model is way better than most recent collection based freemium games. All of those card games that are hardly games at all x.x
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
The only card game I tried was guardian cross sadly cause its squeenix but deleted after a day cause even tough it had story it was boring. I don't mind freemeium games just hate seeing fake reviews. The game looks cool and there seems to be alot to do but how bad is the pay wall that's what people will ask.
There are a decent number of items bought with coins, like potions and lottery boxes. But I don't think any of them are necessary. And judging from the previous discussion, the only monster that requires paying requires you obtain VIP 1, which costs $2(10 coins, 9 coins is $0.99). You don't spend the coins, you just have to have purchased that many to unlock VIP.

So I'm under the assumption that any items required to obtain certain monsters can be obtained freely, as well. But this is just me assuming, I'm not far enough to know for sure.