App description: Rocket Warrior is a vertically scrolling 2d action arcade game. Grab turbo boosts, shoot down enemies, avoid deadly traps, transform into a ball, find secret paths and more

Story:

It is the year 2456...
War is raging between humans and the alien invaders known as Seele.

After a decade of failed attempts at cracking the human defenses, the Seele have become desperate. As a last resort, they attempt to bend the space-time continuum to destroy human civilization at it's inception.

You, a special operative of the Kepler organization, have been chosen to follow them back in time and stop them before it's too late...

Reviews:
"Virtually flawless gameplay. Very attractive graphics. Devious and clever level design." 8/10 - ArcadeLife

"This game is fun and challenging. The graphics are great and the replay value is high." 4/5 - AppAdvice

"The soundtrack is really upbeat and invigorating, and the graphics are really top notch." 3.5/5 - 148Apps

"I found Rocket Warrior a blast to play, delivering a good amount of enjoyment throughout this tough puzzle action game." 4/5 - CrazyMikeApps

Feautures:

-Super intuitive controls: Tilt the device to move, tap on the screen to shoot missiles
-48 action-packed levels. Designed for high scores that will challenge even the best players.
-Multiple worlds to explore, each one with unique gameplay mechanics
-Do you have what it takes to collect all 144 starcoins?
-Unlock powerful items and costumes
-Game Center achievements & leaderboards
-iPhone 5 & iPod Touch 5th gen widescreen support
-No in-app purchases

Sanuku's comments:

01-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Only game I bought tonight and am glad I picked it up. It is only tilt controls for movement, but it works excellently. Allows your finger to be free for tapping to shoot while moving up the cavern. Nothing else tonight looked good to me and I had my doubts about this one, but it turned out to be a keeper. Well worth a buck IMO...

01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Game Impressions

Ok, once again (remember NinjaBoy?) DO NOT be put off by the prospect of tilt controls.

This is a vertical scroller split into almost League of Evil size portions of challenging but incredibly well designed levels. Very good fun and immensely satisfying.

I got hopelessly hooked after a few levels and I have now 3-starred all the levels in zone 1. This has also unlocked the remaining two zones for me.

There are upgrades which are enabled once (in-game coin purchase, NO IAPs) but often you have to choose which one you want enabled at any one time.

Unbelievably addictive and great fun. The level designs are devious and very clever.

Once again, DO NOT be put off by the tilt controls. After a few levels, the control method feels completely natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Sounds awesome, thanks for the impressions guys! I missed this one yesterday but will definitely be picking it up later.
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Downloading now
01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
NVM... Figured it out

Last edited by Snooptalian; 01-03-2013 at 01:35 PM.
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
iPod Touch just died on me (completely flat battery) while playing this, trying to increase my level scores in world one. Never had that happen before, which must be a pretty good thumbs-up for this game!

It feels very much like a good Donut game in that respect - the scoring thing and the way repeated attempts and skill honing (as well as tactical use of power-ups) gets you a better score the more you play a level and figure out its intricacies.

Such a great game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi all

I'm the developer of Rocket Warrior. Thanks everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot.

I tested many different control schemes early on in the developments cycle and
although I'm not a fan of tilt controls in general either, i think they work great here. The level design and gameplay mechanics were built around the controls from the start.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the game.

Cheers!
01-04-2013, 03:49 AM
This game needs some more attention. My GOTW for sure. Seems like lots of levels too. The tilt works good and firing the missiles while dodging attacks gets pretty intense!! Great job making this one!

Edit: Left u a nice review on iTunes. The other one, the writer is an idiot.

Last edited by mekanikal fiend; 01-04-2013 at 04:24 AM.
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
This game is fantastic. Awesome level design. No IAP. Just like all of the games in my sig.

Sigh.