App description: "On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)

"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)

The Blockheads is a huge exploration, creation and survival game where the possibilities are endless.

Play offline in single player, or easily create and join online worlds to play with friends and family, or explore thousands of unique worlds created and hosted by other players.

Start with almost nothing and explore, craft, build and trade your way to steam trains, electric elevators, and even jet packs, titanium swords and carbon fiber armor.

- Explore an infinite number of worlds filled with oceans, caves, deserts, mountains, forests and floating sky islands
- Build massive structures with the materials you find
- Trade with other players in an ever changing global economy
- Battle other blockheads in PVP worlds
- Lay rail and create jumps for speedy rail hand cars or create a rail network for easy transport by train
- Create an array of solar panels to power your oil refinery, and craft carbon fiber and fuel for your jetpack to explore the skies
- With content always being added, The Blockheads is continuously evolving, and there is more to come

Warp your first blockhead through the portal and get exploring now in the growing phenomenon that is The Blockheads!

Sanuku's comments:

01-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Looks quite promising. Been quite a while since the devs of the Chopper series released something new.

01-09-2013, 05:37 AM
So... is this a game? Or simply a simulation ala Sims of sort?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
So... is this a game? Or simply a simulation ala Sims of sort?
Well the sims is a game But this is a minecraft/Junk Jack/Terraria Like game. You have direct control over character and you can craft, mine, build...
01-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Uh oh I've just been playing it for half an hour and I can see this stealing a lot of my time it feels like a cross between minecraft and the sims, because there's crafting but also sleep and hunger and energy bars etc. haven't played enough to give more impressions yet but early signs are its looking good.
01-09-2013, 06:01 AM
definitely looking forward to this!
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I really like it but the fact that you have a timer each time you craft something is... Ugh! It's not that big of a deal but just the fact that it's there and that I could have payed a premium price to have the game without them is frustrating.
01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Well the sims is a game But this is a minecraft/Junk Jack/Terraria Like game. You have direct control over character and you can craft, mine, build...
Aw ok... I guess imma have to skip this one.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-09-2013, 10:41 AM
How do the controls work?
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalachlamydia77 View Post
How do the controls work?
It's not like junk jack or minecraft and it's actually quite unique. You press anywhere on the screen and your character will go there or mine there etc.. It works well as a casual experience and it means that you can actually prepare what to do next while your blockhead is busy. You can also chain tasks to be even more efficient. Your character is able to grip any surface.
Another quick thing: if you break a block, everything on top of it will fall. That's really neat especially when you need to bring down a tree.