★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Enscripted" is the latest code-breaking word game to hit the App Store, combining the best and coolest movie quotes with the classic 'cipher' word puzzle.

Not for the fainthearted, this challenging word puzzle will have you scratching your head for hours. After scrambling the letters of a movie quote (and its title), you'll need to swap them one letter at a time until you reveal the answer.

Preloaded with 366 quotes, you'll receive a new quote every day of the year (with 7 quotes to get you started). And with only the best films (and coolest quotes) from the last thirty years, you can expect to be entertained all year long.

Additional packs of quotes available too, to keep you busy when you've finished the daily quote.

Game Center integration means your can log your total score online and compete against both friends and strangers.

Ideal for fans of crossword puzzles, cryptograms, Bookworm, Jumble and Word Find games.

Please note: Enscripted contains quotations from a wide range of different movies - a handful of which contain references to sex and drugs, and contain profanities.

***Coming Soon: more quotes for those who can't get enough, and hints for those who can't solve enough ***
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
So, this has been on my iPhone for about 10 months now, and I've played it most days in that time. I've only just completed the last of the 366 puzzles (you get one a day, but I was so addicted for a while that I messed with my phone's clock to unlock them faster), and according to the Game Center leaderboard that's taken me around 15 hours. Pretty awesome value for 69p.

Now waiting for the first batch of extra puzzles to become available as an IAP (the developer said in an email today that they're in final testing) and I'm hoping its soon or I'm gonna be jonesing for my daily fix!

If you enjoyed the substitution ciphers in Hundreds, then here's 366 more, but with a far more user-friendly interface for solving them, and answers that are classic movie quotes rather than obscure riddles.

I honestly can't recommend it enough!
01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
This sounds like something I'd dig. Thanks for sharing.
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
New puzzles live today, finally. Ran out of the normal puzzles in January and been waiting for these!
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM