Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM

Default JUSTICE LEAGUE Free:Earth's Final Defense

Old 01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This actually doesn't look too bad. I'm not a big fan of the Justice League. I'm more of a Marvel/Avengers person (regardless of my lack of knowledge with regards to either universe ). But I'll definitely try this game out for the great price of Free
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The full version wasn't even worth a download at free...if you like superheroes try it, but IMO it's terrible.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

No Aquaman, no download.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The pay version was alright. That's all I gotta say.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The full version wasn't even worth a download at free...if you like superheroes try it, but IMO it's terrible.
Yeah, pretty terrible.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Well... I only played one mission, but that was all I could handle. These are assumptions based on that one level:

It's a button-masher. No skill is needed in this game. Just keep mashing your special attacks. Oh wait, there's a stamina meter? Okay, just mash the punch button. It's about as varied an attack system as a really crappy MMO.

The amount of PP (in-game currency) you receive for completing a mission is absolutely horrendous. Most things you can buy seem to be in the 500 - 2500 range. I received 38 PP for my journey through that first mission. Just an awful profit for the player, and definitely an obvious pay-to-play restriction, to force people to buy more PP using real money.

The graphics are pretty terrible in this day and age of iDevice gaming. It's not even a specific art style. It looks like if the people who made Hero of Sparta made a Justice League game, with those same graphics, just zoomed in a lot more. Very subpar.

That's what this game reminded me a lot of, actually. Hero of Sparta. A repetitive beat-em-up. For some reason, Hero of Sparta was infinitely more enjoyable than this, though. Maybe because that game was impressive back in the day... I don't know.

The music is gratingly repetitive. The same heroic loop plays over and over and over and over and over. There is an option to turn all sound off, but curiously absent is the ability to play your own music. Ugh. I don't know if you know me, but I just hate when a game doesn't give you an option to play your own music. I hate it!

The formula seems to be, walk down a street (very linear path), get blocked in by magic barriers until you defeat a wave or two of enemies. Break a crate, turn right. Go down the street. Fight enemies. Barrier gone. Take a LEFT this time! WHOA INGENUITY!, fight enemies, barrier gone... blah blah blah. And then at the end of the level is one more "arena battle", and they add a super special enemy to fight. This time, I went up against an enemy just like every other enemy model I had already fought, but this time he was twice the size of a normal enemy model! OMG!

I can say with certainty that, even if my assumptions based on that first level are wrong, this game is absolutely not for me. Thumbs down. Deleted.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM

Yeah this game was horrible even when it was the paid version. Same issue of not getting enough in-game currency, just terrible graphics, and the most bland combat. And per the previous post, it is so very repetitive and boring. The Devs obviously used DC as the cash cow lure on this one but it's horrendous. Funny that this and the marvel game are both IAP cash cows, but at least marvel has somewhat good production values. This game, on the other hand, is a total disgrace to the JL and to DC fans everywhere.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
True, I bought the first version thinking there would be a lot more xharacter customization. It's a "meh" brawler.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM

What is the difference between the paid and the free versions? I didn't notice anything in the description, and downloaded the free one to try out.