Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Default Ads by Admob, worth or not?

I'm considering using admob to advertise my iOS game. Can I have any advice here, like what the budget & bid should be, image or text?

How to achieve the maxium effect? Never used it before, need to do some tests. Anyone with experiences?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Thank you very much. I see the site and the service fee is pretty high ($2.99 per review). Have you tried it before? And what's the difference between "their" review and real user reviews? I've got a dozen of real reviews, but if no one sees them, still help little. I really doubt anohter dozen of bought reviews will help.

Last edited by psj3809; 01-21-2013 at 02:50 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Besides, I thought the bid is for $/click. You are sure it's eCPM?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzeng View Post
Thank you very much. I see the site and the service fee is pretty high ($2.99 per review). Have you tried it before? And what's the difference between "their" review and real user reviews? I've got a dozen of real reviews, but if no one sees them, still help little. I really doubt anohter dozen of bought reviews will help.
'Have you tried it before' ?

I'm sure that 1 post user is just spamming for the site.

If i spot any of these fake reviews on the app store i simply avoid the game. Its not fair for users if companies go to sites where they basically buy fake reviews. And you can normally spot them a mile off.

You may get some sales due to these fake reviews, i know a fair few people who wont buy it though due to fake reviews.

I mean look at that user earlier (now banned), 1 post, spamming some website where you can buy reviews not good.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
'Have you tried it before' ?

I'm sure that 1 post user is just spamming for the site.

If i spot any of these fake reviews on the app store i simply avoid the game. Its not fair for users if companies go to sites where they basically buy fake reviews. And you can normally spot them a mile off.

You may get some sales due to these fake reviews, i know a fair few people who wont buy it though due to fake reviews.

I mean look at that user earlier (now banned), 1 post, spamming some website where you can buy reviews not good.
Wow, that's a pretty quick ban. Thanks for the notice.

But for the website, I see they are recruting both developers and reviewers, so, could the review be real? I need to know effectiveness of Admob and sites like that.