★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 10tons Ltd
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.7
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This is no Wimbledon, this is Tennis in the Face! Get ready for some hilarious ragdoll-smashing ball-bouncing action!

Help Pete Pagassi to save the city from an evil energy drink corporation Explodz. Knock out creepy clowns, evil riot police and other Explodz-addicted maniacs with a tennis ball in the face. Bounce the ball off walls to reach targets lurking in cover and watch them tumble hilariously. Trigger masterful chain reactions and watch the chaos unfold. Finally enjoy the level finale in slow motion!

View trailer here: bit.ly/tennisintheface

REVIEWS:

"10tons knows how to create a hilariously good time, complete with excellent level design, ridiculous characters, and an almost believable fake energy drink."
- GameZebo 4/5

"The entire game is bursting with polish with great art design, and finely tuned physics engine."
- Apple'N'Apps 4/5

"Its fun, interesting and never stopping to question if its crazy or not."
- Bunch of Gamers 4/5

DESCRIPTION

Tennis in the Face is a hilarious bouncer-game where you save the city from the evil Explodz Inc. with your extraordinary tennis skills. Simply move your finger on the screen, observe the aiming line, and lift your finger to serve a furious tennis smash.

The ball bounces off walls and platforms and triggers Explodz-crates, ball tubes, and countless other objects. Your actions will set off chain reactions and you'll watch the events unfold while knocking out the enemies. The more enemies you knock out with a single serve, the higher your score!

Win levels to move to the next district and towards your ultimate goal: The destruction of Explodz mega-factory. Try to earn a crown from each level and challenge your friends on three different leaderboards.

Join ex-tennis-pro star Pete Pagassi in his quest to save the city from the grasp of Explodz!

FEATURES

- Easy to pick-up bouncer gameplay
- Hilarious ragdoll characters
- Slow motion level finales
- Over 100 levels plus bonus game modes
- A dozen challenging Game Center achievements
- Game Center leaderboards

LINKS

Trailer: bit.ly/tennisintheface
Learn about the game: tennisintheface.com
Learn about Explodz: explodz.com

Sanuku's comments:

01-23-2013, 09:03 AM
This looks quite good and when the clowns get struck by a tennis ball their squeak is hilarious!

01-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
This looks quite good and when the clowns get struck by a tennis ball their squeak is hilarious!
You can always count on 10tons to provide a quality, fun release. After initially having a "Damnit, it's like Stupid Zombies?" initial impression (from the Upcoming thread), I'm glad to say that Sanuku's video has piqued my interest all over again. (10) Tons of attitude!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
You can always count on 10tons to provide a quality, fun release. After initially having a "Damnit, it's like Stupid Zombies?" initial impression (from the Upcoming thread), I'm glad to say that Sanuku's video has piqued my interest all over again. (10) Tons of attitude!
Oh course there's also the satisfying guttural sounds the riot police make. Yet another selling feature
Getting tonight for sure!
01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
These guys make great games, will be buying tonight.
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Not sure I'm sold on this, but think I'll buy it after grabbing the fantastic King Oddball for free yesterday.
01-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Superb game. A tried and tested formula that only 10tons could modify into their own monster leaving everything else in the dust. The physics are spot-on, the graphics are so crisp on an iPad retina display and it's just...as I said before...filled to the brim with attitude. Highly recommended.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-23-2013, 11:37 PM
Game Impressions

At first glance this is embarrassingly similar to Stupid Zombies. At subsequent glances impressions don't improve much. It's polished, and tight, and demoralizingly predictable.

If this was from a first-time developer, one could note promise, technical potential, and hope that with maturity they will produce something worthwhile; while this well-produced rehash could be put down as part of essential growing pains. From a developer responsible for such past iOS staples as Azkend, Dragon Portals, and Sparkle, this title can only be viewed as being highly disappointing, and yet another strike against their recently declining reputation.
01-24-2013, 12:22 AM
I have played through the first three map sections and this is a nice game. It is very similar to the King Oddball game but with a slightly different game mechanic. I have played very similar IOS game to this before where you rely on rebounds and chain reactions to take out enemies. Of course, Angry Birds is a popular example. There is nothing astounding here, but the game is solid and offers excellent value.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-24-2013, 02:29 AM
Launch trailer is now available at http://youtu.be/Sy89VgChYDc

It looks a lot like this:

Youtube link | Pop Up

10tons.com Facebook Latest release: Crimsonland