Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Default Candy Crush Saga

Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM

Love the game so far. Definitely has more going for it than your standard match 3.
One question - anyone know the reasoning behind the mega expensive IAP?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM

I forget if its 32 or 33, but its not passable through strategy. Rather, you need to keep trying it obsessively over the course of several days (you cant keep trying it all at once because of the equivalent of timers) until the stars align in the perfect combinations. I gave up without doing it. My wife, who plays a single game at a time with single minded devotion, eventually cleared it, but it took a bunch of days. If your strategy is better, it may only take you 20 tries over 4 days, while it might have taken her 40 tries over 8, but no matter how good your strategy, replays over days will be required.

Its a paywall for most folks, and the IAP is brutally expensive.

The game is cute and well done, but with nearly impenetrably paywalls only barely passsable without IAP (and then requiring many attempts and luck) and brutally expensive IAP, the game is only for folks like my wife. That said, you should be able to enjoy the initial levels no problem, and there is enough there to be potentially worth your while if you wont get ticked off later.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 PM

Do any of you keep getting redirected to the App Store to this game from your web browser? I'm about ready to blow my brains out!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Everyone on Facebook has been playing Candy Crush Saga lately. Guess I'll see why my friends are so into this match-3. It's also number two on the top-grossing charts..
Old 03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Everyone on Facebook has been playing Candy Crush Saga lately. Guess I'll see why my friends are so into this match-3. It's also number two on the top-grossing charts..
I thought it was fantastic until level 33 (or around there) when I realized what pure BS this game was. There are levels that unless you get the right set up can't be cleared. So you will play your five free games and then it will ask you if you want to wait or pay to play more. After you have played tons of games you realize there is a reason why they are asking if you want to buy power ups to help clear boards.

There were a few levels where I probably put in over a hundred tries just waiting for the right pieces to be present so I could clear the board.

I am not against iap but I am against this type of iap where a developer can make a game so skewed in their favor that people need to pay to move on.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I thought it was fantastic until level 33 (or around there) when I realized what pure BS this game was. There are levels that unless you get the right set up can't be cleared. So you will play your five free games and then it will ask you if you want to wait or pay to play more. After you have played tons of games you realize there is a reason why they are asking if you want to buy power ups to help clear boards.

There were a few levels where I probably put in over a hundred tries just waiting for the right pieces to be present so I could clear the board.

I am not against iap but I am against this type of iap where a developer can make a game so skewed in their favor that people need to pay to move on.
Bingo. It's a scam.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I dont think its any more a scam than any other freemium social game and I don't find it to be unplayable. Some levels rely heavily on getting that lucky combination or two and sometimes i might be stuck on the same level for over a week. My wife is on level 251 and I'm on 123 and we have not spent a penny on it. We play on FB and our phones and I find the iOS version to be easier than the FB version. Many times if I hit a wall on FB I try it on my phone and get it in just a few tries. It is quite challenging and higher levels add new elements and harder challenges. For a free game I highly recommend it.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I keep seeing ads for this pop up all over Facebook. Annoying the hell outta me. If you're gonna pay money for a game based around luck you might as well just do some gambling and possibly win a bit back.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I dont think its any more a scam than any other freemium social game and I don't find it to be unplayable. Some levels rely heavily on getting that lucky combination or two and sometimes i might be stuck on the same level for over a week. My wife is on level 251 and I'm on 123 and we have not spent a penny on it. We play on FB and our phones and I find the iOS version to be easier than the FB version. Many times if I hit a wall on FB I try it on my phone and get it in just a few tries. It is quite challenging and higher levels add new elements and harder challenges. For a free game I highly recommend it.
No offense, honestly, but if you're stuck on a level for over a week, and it's not because of poor play, then I call that a scam.