• Publisher: roll7
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 5.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Earwyrm is a Music-driven race game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that takes any track from you iOS music library and turns it into a mesmerising, mindbending, wormhole-style racetrack.

Set your difficultly level and pick a track to get started.
Move left and right from stream to stream to pick up the music-like 'braids' that race towards you in time to the music.
Try different tracks, and see if you can beat your friends at your favourite music.

Earwyrm always provides a reliable gameplay experience from song to song - each level is uniquely derived from your choice of music - and is the same for everyone who tries to race that music.

You don't have to wait - the level is generated in real-time as you listen to the track, and dynamically recognises changes in the music and visualises them immediately.

Earwyrm is a visceral reactive music game like no other. Play it on maximum difficulty to get the highest scores, but look out for when the bass drops!

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Just created this thread...I have no music on my devices, anyone want to tey this out?

01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Game Impressions

Gameplay Trailer added...

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.
01-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Just wanted to say,AWESOME GAME!
01-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Checking it out. Cuz I like the way they spell 'wyrm.' Yep.
01-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Tried it with one song and it seemed OK - not amazing. Not much depth to the gameplay and didn't notice that it was particularly adapting to the song. Next two somgs I tried didn't work at all. The game just froze.

Still, it's free and it's a small download. Try it for yourself and see if you have more luck.
01-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Looks kind of like audio surf. I will try this out

I tried it. It's similar to audio surf but not as good as audio surf. I will keep this until audio surf air gets released for ios.

Last edited by bestkevin; 01-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiufoxx View Post
Checking it out. Cuz I like the way they spell 'wyrm.' Yep.
Wait... This is your first time seeing the word Wyrm?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Hey TA,

One of the devs here.

Thanks for checking the game out - really appreciate people giving it a go. Just wanted to clarify, at this point, EarWyrm is kind of a proof of concept, we wanted to demonstrate the power of the audio analysis engine that we've built. The focus of this project was on building solid, real time, audio analysis that would work on mobile devices.

We realise that the "game" experience is a bit abstracted at the moment and hard to play and this is something that we want to work on this year.

Obviously when you allow the player to generate the level from their music (which could be anything), you have to strike a balanace between limiting the game (to make it playable) and making it fun. That balance might not be quite right at the moment, but our goal is to make many more audio driven games in 2013, this is just the start!

Again, thanks for taking the time to download and comment, we really appreciate any comments and crit. As I said, we know that the gameplay isn't quite there yet, but what would be most valuable for us is to get your feedback on the kind of music you put through the engine and whether the racing expreince seemed to be "linked" to it.

@Mr Bez - what device were you playing it on when it froze please matey?

@Staffordling - thanks

@OP and trailer poster - thanks for the add
01-28-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wait... This is your first time seeing the word Wyrm?
No no no. I just like the spelling. And I'm being a goofball. I'd download a game called EarWyg as well.