Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-28-2013, 12:31 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default ios 6.1?

they just released 6.1 so what are improvements on all the devices on 6.1?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriilabsjoy View Post
they just released 6.1 so what are improvements on all the devices on 6.1?
Copy of their press release for it

Quote:
Apple Updates iOS to 6.1

New Version Adds LTE Support For 36 Additional iPhone Carriers Worldwide

CUPERTINO, California-January 28, 2013-Apple® today updated iOS to version 6.1, adding LTE capabilities to 36 additional iPhone® carriers and 23 additional iPad® carriers around the world, so even more iPhone 5, iPad mini and iPad* with Retina® display users can experience ultrafast wireless performance** to browse, download and stream content at blazing fast speeds. To date, iOS users have uploaded over nine billion photos to Photo Stream, sent over 450 billion iMessages and received over four trillion notifications.

"iOS 6 is the world's most advanced mobile operating system, and with nearly 300 million iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices on iOS 6 in just five months, it may be the most popular new version of an OS in history," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "iOS 6.1 brings LTE support to more markets around the world, so even more users can enjoy ultrafast Safari browsing, FaceTime video calls, iCloud services, and iTunes and App Store downloads."

iOS 6 features include Siri®, which supports more languages, easy access to sports scores, restaurant recommendations and movie listings; Maps with Apple-designed cartography, turn-by-turn navigation and Flyover view; Facebook integration for Contacts and Calendar, with the ability to post directly from Notification Center, Siri and Facebook-enabled apps; Shared Photo Streams via iCloud®; and Passbook®, the simplest way to get all your passes in one place. Additional updates in iOS 6.1 include the ability to use Siri to purchase movie tickets in the US through Fandango, and iTunes Match℠ subscribers can download individual songs to their iOS devices from iCloud.

The revolutionary App Store℠ offers more than 800,000 apps to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch® users, with more than 300,000 native iPad apps. App Store customers have downloaded over 40 billion apps, and Apple has paid over seven billion dollars to its incredible developer community. Customers can choose from apps in 23 categories, including newspapers and magazines offered in Newsstand, games, business, news, sports, health & fitness and travel.

Availability
iOS 6.1 is available as a free software update today. iOS 6.1 is compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad (third and fourth generation), iPad mini, iPad 2 and iPod touch (fourth and fifth generation). Some features may not be available on all products. For more information please visit www.apple.com.

Last edited by Teknikal; 01-28-2013 at 01:00 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The early word is that it doesn't really fix the Purchased tab in the store. Now instead of a crash it times out. Pretty lame if true, but I haven't finished installing it so can't vouch for that. Anyone have it installed who had the purchased tab issue? Fixed or not?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The early word is that it doesn't really fix the Purchased tab in the store. Now instead of a crash it times out. Pretty lame if true, but I haven't finished installing it so can't vouch for that. Anyone have it installed who had the purchased tab issue? Fixed or not?
My purchased tab works fine now that I updated
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM

This worth updating to?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
This worth updating to?
Yah this ^^

TOFFT anyone? If it bricks your idevice then, well, we'll devote a special thread to your new paperweight.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I never got a crash in the Purchased tab, but frequently got one in the Updates tab when accidentally hitting the search bar before it disappeared. It's the most obvious crash bug I've ever seen in an OS in my entire life (I can recreate it at any time) and Apple doesn't seem to know about it. I'm updating just to find out whether they've noticed yet.

Last edited by MidianGTX; 01-28-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I never got a crash in the Purchased tab, but frequently got one in the Updates tab when accidentally hitting the search bar before it disappeared. It's the most obvious crash bug I've ever seen in an OS in my entire life (I can recreat it at any time) and Apple doesn't seem to know about it. I'm updating just to find out whether they've noticed yet.
Let us know what you think when you're done updating.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Let us know what you think when you're done updating.
The bug is gone! Heaven be praised! I don't know what else to look for specifically, but I just fired up a few games and performance hasn't changed in any noticable way.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
This worth updating to?
I am updating my new ipad ios 6.0.1, right now. 30 minutes in, now my iphone 4 is my laptop for now. Wow, text looks so small on an iphone on the web, but brings back old memories.

I will report any differences I see. I am going to wait to update my iphone not for a couple of days though.