App description: ***** Featured 3 times by Apple in over 50 Countries *****
**** One of Apple's "Best Games You've Never Played" ****
Two players, one iPad. Multiplayer strategic defense.
NEW in v2.0: challenge the world in online Game Center multiplayer!

Grab one side of an iPad and play as one of three unique teams, taking on your opponent with defensive towers and 12 different creatures that you can send to assault their gates.

Miss the magic of playing board games with friends? Transform your touch screen into a realtime, interactive strategy game and challenge friends of any skill level. Stratosphere is easy to learn, but has many layers of strategy to master.

Whether you're face to face with a friend or playing over the Internet, Stratosphere is whole new, multiplayer take on the TD genre.

[NOTE: Online multiplayer requires iOS 6 or newer to play. Local multiplayer works on all iPads iOS 5+.]

"Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense takes the TD genre to a whole new level through its multiplayer gameplay style."
- 148apps

"I love that the multiplayer is on the same device because it feels very much like a board game. I just love everything about this: the visuals, the music -- very electro-dancey -- and I really like that it was made by only two people, which really shows that it was a work of love."
- Reviews on the Run, G4TV

''Stratosphere features a brilliantly executed multiplayer mode and a great visual presentation which makes this title an overall easy recommendation.''
- iReviewT

"Stratosphere offers a lot of fun, especially when you are playing head to head with a friend. We have never seen a tower defense game like this."
- AppGefahren.de

NEW in v2.0: Game Center online multiplayer (iOS6+)
Two player multiplayer on a single iPad
Zero load screens
Three unique teams to master
4000+ combinations of modes
Singleplayer mode with 60+ missions to complete and three levels of difficulty
Unlockable levels, modes and character costumes
Retina graphics
Game Center leaderboards, achievements and challenges
Live, online planet where you can influence the overall tide of war

Feeling a bit lonely? Play singleplayer against a Stratobot to hone your skills, complete missions, and unlock awesome new levels and costumes to show off to your friends.

So jump into the battle raging on mile high platforms above a polluted, alien world, and fight for your place in the stratosphere.

Check out the trailers on YouTube at:
http://j.mp/182Sogl [v2.0 Online Reveal Trailer]
http://bit.ly/StratoTeaser
http://bit.ly/StratoTrailer

PrayForDeath's comments:

Launch Trailer:
YouTube: video

The following is from the dev's post in the 'Upcoming Games' section.

Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense

Hey everyone, we're a new indie developer from Vancouver, Canada, and Stratosphere is the result of two years of work to bring competitive tower defense to the iPad! Two players each take a side of the iPad, and balance between building defensive towers and sending enemies at their opponent.

We created Stratosphere because we think the iPad is a great device to combine the fun of sitting around a board game with the interactive, real-time craziness made possible by video games. It's also a whole new take on the tower defense genre, where the player doesn't just sit by and wait for waves of enemies to approach his or her towers. Players must also make strategic decisions about sending enemies to overwhelm their opponent while at the same time ensuring that their defenses are strong enough to repel what is being sent at them.

We found that just like many other genres, tower defense is far more fun played against a real human rather than just computer controlled waves, so with that in mind we designed Stratosphere from the ground up for the iPad with multiplayer as the focus. Stratosphere is easy to pick up and play, but also has many deeper layers of strategy to discover and master as players uncover the stengths and weaknesses of each race, unique attributes of each level, and learn to balance their spending between sending enemies and building defensive towers.

For those looking to go it alone, Stratosphere also includes a singleplayer mode to learn the ropes, complete missions, unlock new levels and bonus content, and take on three increasingly difficult Stratobots.

Highlights:
  • Multiplayer, competitive tower defense playable by two players on a single iPad.
  • Three alien races, each with their own unique towers to master.
  • Unlockable modifiers that can be combined to create 500+ unique ways to play.
  • Zero load screens.
  • Singleplayer mode with missions to complete and three increasingly difficult Stratobots to take on.

You can find more information about Stratosphere on our website, PixileStudios.com, our Facebook page, or @PixileStudios on Twitter.
01-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Can't embed the app info, nor the video for the some reason. The URLs should all be sound, anyone know what the deal is?

01-31-2013, 01:40 AM
It's still processing, it'll show
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the support guys! We're so excited that Stratosphere is up on the store now.

Here's our trailer of Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense from YouTube:

Michael from Pixile Studios
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Mission Accomplished!

Just finished playing some of the game, and I must say it's fantastic. I hope other developers take note.

Slava Isusu Christu!
01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeSweetHome View Post
Just finished playing some of the game, and I must say it's fantastic. I hope other developers take note.
Thanks Rome, it means so much to us to hear that people are enjoying it! We're so excited that so many people finally get to play it now after spending the past two years creating it.

Looks like we're featured on the App Store now too!

02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Seems interesting, but I've been burnt by too many tower defense games already so will wait for impressions first...
02-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Bought it out of pure interest. TD Games like these are perfect for the "big" screen of the iPad. Will try it out later today.
02-01-2013, 05:46 AM
This looks like a great game that I can play with my son. Bought!
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This looks like a great game that I can play with my son. Bought!
Thanks Cole, hope you both really enjoy it! I've had a lot of fun playing with my 8-year-old cousin.