Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Atomic Robo: Violent Science

Coming from a very beloved indie Graphic Novel series by Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener, Atomic Robo: Violent Science will be available soon (and first) for iOS. We'll definitely be giving away a few promo codes here on the forums so keep an eye out for that. The game should be out early March after the rejec... err submission process.

But frankly, I just wanted to share a little bit about what you can expect. It's a side scrolling platformer with a bit of a 16 bit feel to it. The character and story you love (also loosely related to the upcoming animated short film) and that nostalgic video game sensibility. Throw in a couple of custom chip-tunesy original tracks and I think everyone is going to have a lot of fun with the game.. especially Atomic Robo fans.

Most of the art is hand-drawn which is kind of neat.. in fact, our studio used to be a traditional animation studio so we're trying to take a brave leap into video games.

You can see some frames of production and screen shots at our facebook page. We keep it updated as often as possible.

At Second Fiction, this is our first launch, and we are really looking here to toucharcade forum users for a little bit of initial feedback on the way we price these things out. I buy and download a TON of mobile games myself but i've heard a lot of opinion contradictory to my own regarding things like in-app purchases, price premium, pay to play, etc.

We think we will offer the game for a small price (.99) and the game will have little to none of the "Grind" affect that annoys so many mobile gamers. We do know however that many people desire IAP because they like doing things quicker or exploring games and content more intensely so we've thought of throwing in a little of that, but not so much that it would put other players with competitive mindsets at a disadvantage.

Thoughts?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Awesome!

I'm so excited for this that I've stopped just lurking! I love Atomic Robo! Are we likely to see many of his nemeses from the comics? Dr. Dinosaur? Undead Edison? ALAN?

In terms of IAP, it sounds like you've got the right idea by steering well clear of any sense of "grind". I don't care if there's a "pay to get the endgame/postgame boosts" IAP if that doesn't leave me choosing between a painful grind and shelling out to escape the grindhole. And of course things that just add more flavor to an already robust game are fine, as well.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I checked the facebook page and the game does look very interesting! Will keep an eye out for this!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Awesome well... For now, the baddie is helsingard.. We have some interesting ideas however for game expansion. Perhaps introducing some other favorite villains.

Our studio really appreciates the feedback and the encouragement, folks.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Brilliant, I need to play this game.. For science!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoolcon001 View Post
wow its aesome , can i installed on My ipad 2?
Mos def(initely!)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
Brilliant, I need to play this game.. For science!
For science!!

Ps: certain abilities come as help from the action scientists.. Particularly Jenkins and Lang.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Just wanted to update with some screen shots. Nearing release for iOS Universal

Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Liking it so far.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

The screenshots have me quite anxious to play this. Happy to see it will release soon.

Closed Thread