Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM

Default Looking for an amazing place to live

deleted

Last edited by zooom18; 04-21-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM

Poland!

And yes, I'm saying that cuz I was born there :P

But seriously - Poland . Life here is comparatively really cheap, almost everybody knows English, there are beautiful landscapes with lakes, mountains and the Baltic sea as well as big busy cities, the weather can be boiling hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter but I think it's fun to experience such diversity

If I had the opportunity to live abroad (which I hope to have as I'm also starting my freelance career) I'd be changing conutries, like - once per year/half a year for, lets say, 4 years (or till I get tired of it :P) and then settle in the one I liked the most ^^
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooom18 View Post
I'm considering jumping ship at my desk job and becoming self employed. I'm a programmer so I plan on doing freelance work to support myself while I make games (which will hopefully support itself eventually). I'm estimating anywhere from $500-2000 a month as a freelancer depending on how much work I get. With this new change I'd like to take it as an opportunity to re-locate (currently in new england). Living in a city like New York or Boston would be great, however as an indie dev I don't think I could afford to live there and enjoy it. I also want to try out a new area since I'm only 22 and have no real ties to north east.

What are some nice places to live? I'm talking warm weather, beaches, nice people, etc. I think staying in the US would be easiest but I'd be open to moving international.

If anyone has done this what advice do you have?
Australia. Warm weather all year round, more beaches than you could shake a stick at, nice people, hot chicks who dig pommy accents. I'd recommend brisbane, Sydney is expensive and a bit rough with bikie wars.. Brisbane you get the city without the crime, plus you can live pretty close to the cbd for cheap rent.