Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Healing Blade-$3.99 (universal)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-03-2013 at 04:56 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just going to throw this out there. This looks like it has no multi-player at all that I can tell anyway. It's got weird touches like it wasn't really well thought out as far as being on a touch device. For instance you cant scroll the instructions by just using your finger on the screen, you have to use a scroll bar (a la' Windows), looks super tiny and blurry even on a ipad. You literally cant read the cards and when you double tap them it brings up darn near a full screen view for card stats and You still cant read the card so they print out the card info beside the blurry pic of the card so you can read it?????

I dig these games but i wouldn't recommend this.

Last edited by the9quad; 02-02-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 PM

Not as good as Magic The Gathering and everyone of those Card Game Makers should really start to play first that Game to get a feeling for how it should be done and after that start to develop their Game.

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-03-2013 at 05:56 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
iPhone 4

Dang that sucks to hear the9squad. This games from the guys that did shadow era too. Watching sanuku's video I can see some very shadow era-esque gameplay buttons, layouts and camera moves. Real shame about what your saying with readability.
I'm gonna pick it up against your recommendation, to give it a go and hope for an update.
I'm a sucker for any CCG, because I think ios does it so well.
But really disappointed to hear that a (generally) respected studio, would let something unreadable get out to the public. Really brings their genuiness into question, particularly at $4.50 rather than free at least to try.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I copypasta'd this from the ipad games forum...shouldn't comments posted in universal game threads automatically post to both forums?

Thanks...I'm always scouring the store for new ccgs, deckbuilding games, etc. Funny thing is I've never owned a physical version of any ccg in my life. The obsession started when I dl'ed Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers with all expansions from the now defunct (mostly) Home of the Underdogs over a decade ago.

I spotted another one the other day that's only single-player but free. Check out spellchain...pretty simple, but who knows, maybe it will be updated. The cards are tiny on an iphone; its probably better tested on an ipad.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 AM

Thanks for posting the gameplay video Sanuku! I see we need a warning if you start the attack phase without sending any of your troops into battle LOL! You'll need to drag them to the battlefield or there won't be very much action going on heheh

It's a good point about the quality of the card images. Because the original cards have a really small font, it can't really be read on mobile devices but maybe it will be better on iPad. But honestly we weren't concerned about that because the text from the card is displayed in a larger font when you zoom in to the card. The text is displayed like that because it's the most important part of the game, researching and learning about the vulnerabilities and counters. Confusing Ciprofloxacin with Clindamycin might be a fatal mistake!

Anyways thanks for the feedback, we'll be sure to submit an update this week. Let me know if you have any gameplay or strategy questions.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Is there a campaign mode or any goals in this?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
iPhone 4

I actually haven't brought myself to pick this up yet. I dunno, I just don't particularly want to be thinking about disgusting illnesses while I'm playing a card game. Diarrhoea, yep that's what I wanna be thinking about.

Could've been good by just using fantasy ideas (like every ccg I know, but still).
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Too much wasted space! The board area is huge and jaggy (antialiasing please!) the blown up card descriptions are 50% blank area, the cards are way too hard to read, no variable a.i., no multiplayer. Really kind of a waste as it seems like it has a solid game underneath, just feels really unpolished, like they don't realize what platform it would be on, and how polished the competition is.

Just look at screenshot 3 of 8 to see what I mean about wasted space, maybe on. 27" monitor that would make sense, on a iPad or iPhone not so much.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

so what's the consensus?

a. hey! what's 4 bucks?
b. throw in the towel?
c. see what the first update brings?
d. move to Minnesota where you can't play it because your ipad is buried in the snow?