Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 AM

Default Krashlander - (by Farseer Games LLC)

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-08-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Instabuy
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

From the "Upcoming" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Like I said above, I've had the pleasure of playing the initial release version (1.0) of Krashlander for a few days now, and what started off as "what did I get myself into?" is now "wow...this is surreal".

Let's make this clear. Krashlander isn't exactly a 'pick up 'n' play' game. There's definitely a learning curve to the controls (best referred to by Jeff himself as one that require "learning a new motor skill"). It's not an easy game, but don't let that turn you off...it's one that's worth sticking with. Before you know it, you'll be smirking each and every time you nail that one segment that's been driving you nuts all day. I haven't played Ski Stunt Simulator, so this is the first time I've come across a control scheme such as this (while simple on the outside, incredibly deep) and as far as iOS is concerned, I could probably say this is a completely new experience.

Despite what's been said in this thread, as well as the impressions given off by the trailer, there's nothing really 'Angry Birds-ish' about Krashlander. You don't set up an angle, throw Krashlander (yes, that's his name) and hope for the best. You've got to meticulously control this fellow, contorting his body each and every second of the way until he hits his target(s) and as far as the physics are concerned, everything just feels right...whether it's the weight of Krashlander himself, the impact while hitting the evil robots or just flying across the land with your face planted in the snow. Heck, stretching your body while in the middle of a jump causes you to go slower, while curling into a ball does the opposite. There's a certain degree of realism to the game and there are so many little secrets and tricks to Krashlander. Practice definitely makes perfect (something I've yet to achieve even though I've 3-starred 14 out of the 20 levels).

The first thing the graphics reminded me of were the crisp retina graphics in the iOS version of 'The Lords of Midnight' and the entire game really does feel like it originally belonged on a C64 or ZX Spectrum. Do not in any way take that as a bad thing. It's a good thing. It's got an "old soul" thing to it...a simple game, with a simple menu, barren of any IAPs that just has the ability to suck you in. Also, as already mentioned, probably one of the strongest highlights of the game: the sound design. The only thing you're treated to in-game (other than the deathly grunts of Krashlander and the evil robots) is the sound of the wind. m i srs bro? Yes. It's eerily reminiscent of the final moments before Solipskier falls to his doom. Love it. Grab your headphones for this one.

20 levels (with another 20 planned...but it looks like Jeff has something up his sleeve based on the posts in this thread), fantastic control scheme, Universal, iPhone & iPad retina graphics, full game (no IAPs), $0.99. No brainer. I've used this term very rarely: Instant classic, as far as I'm concerned.

NB: I wasn't asked nor paid to write this up. I think everyone on TouchArcade who knows me knows that when I like something, I have absolutely no problem telling people I do. I had the chance to check this out quite a while before it became available for purchase anywhere and hence why my impressions are in detail.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

As soon as it comes to the Store..Instabuy!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

as of 7 am wed in US.....best pre-release yet....IMO. 11pm rock on dood
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Damn still 12hours to wait
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Hey everyone. Hope you like the game. Love to hear any and all feedback you have so I can consider incorporating it in future updates.

Seems like it took forever for me to develop this game. (Had to do it all in my spare time.) It's a relief to have it finally hit the AppStore.

And as I mentioned in the upcoming thread, I'm just getting started with this game. Many updates to come...

Have fun!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Does it have GC achievements? If so, how many?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
Does it have GC achievements? If so, how many?
Hi killy billy,

Sorry, but this first version doesn't have GC. It's high on my list of thinks to add.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM

The Game would be probably great if the Control System wouldn`t be such a huge pain in the a**.