★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SinSquid
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 49.1 MB
  • Version: 2.6
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Are you ready to die for Metal?

It's a brutal battle to be a member of a legendary death-metal band. But if you have the balls, you could do it.

Die For Metal is a 2D Platformer where you play as a pagan metal-viking, battling though 3 worlds, with 45 levels, from ridiculously easy, to extremely hardcore.

DEATH:
You will die a lot. But luckily your deaths will be counted, so you can brag to your Metal friends about how much you have died for Metal.

SOUNDTRACK
14 tracks of Heavy Metal, Trash, Death, Speed, Doom, and Power Metal. Enjoy!

CONTROLS
Easy controls, two buttons to move left and right and a jump button to jump, double jump and wall jump.

FEATURES:
45 levels
Soundtrack with 14 heavy metal tunes
Gamecenter leader board
Death counter
Easy controls
Challenging gameplay
3 Boss fights

Game is produced by "SinSquid Games" the maker of Black Metal Man.

SinSquid's comments:
A Heavy Metal 2D platform game, where you try to join a famous Death Metal band, and have to battle through 3 worlds, and 45 levels. It`s awsome

Download:

Google Play

Features:
Gamecenter
45 levels
3 Boss fights
14 track soundrack
Death counter

Screenshots:

02-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Die for....WHAT?!?!?!? *buys*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
I glanced at the title and pics then blinked twice before blasting to the App Store buy button... probably the fastest I've ever taken a chance and bought something I knew nothing about. Hope it's good

Quick initial first impressions - Super 'Metal' Boy. Awesome metal soundtrack. Fairly solid controls with short, unforgiving but fair levels. Wish i'd blinked three times and noticed it was iPhone only Looks fine in 2x but unfortunately anything not universal never lasts long on my iPad.

Last edited by The Son of Anarchy; 02-06-2013 at 06:01 AM.
02-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Please let me know your impressions. Tempted
02-06-2013, 05:56 AM
SinSquid, any chance this'll get a Universal update or a separate iPad version? Already bought and can't wait to try it out.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-06-2013, 07:21 AM
It looks awesome in 2x mode on ipad3, you don't even understand that is only for iPhone (graphics wise), but the buttons are tooo far (on iPhone are perfect) and in a game like this (with a lot try and die) it is a problem. I wise for an HD version or customized buttons. Till then I ll rock on on my iPhone (the ost is awesome too)!
02-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Bought! Wimps and posers - leave the hall!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Bought! Wimps and posers - leave the hall!
If you're not into metal...you are not my friend!

Pretty decent game. I believe it's powered by GameSalad, and surprisingly it doesn't hinder the experience a single bit. Yep, the music and backdrops are definitely the highlights of the game. It controls well enough...and is pretty much an iOS metal version of Super Meat Boy. Looking forward to coming acrosss the first boss.

02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
If you're not into metal...you are not my friend!

Pretty decent game. I believe it's powered by GameSalad, and surprisingly it doesn't hinder the experience a single bit. Yep, the music and backdrops are definitely the highlights of the game. It controls well enough...and is pretty much an iOS metal version of Super Meat Boy. Looking forward to coming acrosss the first boss.
So its a good buy?
02-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm getting real tired of buying games that say they are optimized for iPhone 5, only to find out they are not. This game is not widescreen...